Dr. Tamer Seckin

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tamer Seckin

Maria K. 0 friends 1 review 8/12/2014 At age 37 I really thought I was done with all gynecologists, I gave up hope of all physicians, and with the idea of having a family after two painful miscarriages. One day however, I went on a visit with a family member to a reproductive endocrinologist named Dr Tomer Singer and after seeing how he was with them I finally arranged to see him myself. It truly was the greatest decision I've ever made. He's not just an incredible doctor but he's an amazing, and caring human being first. He listened to me, he ran tests, and after I expressed to him the pain I was having he said it appeared to be my endometriosis so before we start a cycle of IVF I should see Dr Seckin. I have followed Dr Seckin's career since Padma Lakshmi came out with her story about endometriosis, and her ability to have a child all because of this extraordinary doctor. Dr Singer set everything up and I went to see this wonderful surgeon. What can I say about Dr Seckin? He knew what I felt before I even told him. He listened to me and explained endometriosis in depth. He believed my pain. He gave me hope but was honest and straightforward from day one. He has a wonderful staff, his great nurse Lucy held my hand when the pain was so bad. His entire team is incredible. They cover every aspect of this disease from the every physical aspect to even the psychological aspects. I had excision surgery two weeks ago and I already have less pain than before my surgery and I am still healing. He is everything you want in a surgeon; the knowledge, the expertise, the confidence, the skills, the precision, the compassion. I do not have enough words to say how thankful I am to him. Dr Seckin is my hero. I wouldn't trust anyone but him to operate on me. He removed a great deal of endo from my ovaries, to my uterus, to my bladder, and bowels. he removed it. Although, I lost a tube which was actually doing more harm than good Dr Seckin managed to give me back my hope of having a family and believing once more in great physicians. How do you ever thank someone like this? Someone who took my pain and restored my dream of having a child? I do by thanking him and telling women my story. I thank him for helping me, helping the thousands of women he has treated, and by his constant advocacy for women that are suffering in silence. Dr Seckin and The endometriosis foundation of America do an remarkable act of informing, educating, and raising awareness for this terrible debilitating disease. Thank you Dr Seckin I am and will forever be indebted to you. I will never stop spreading awareness for endometriosis. No one should ever suffer in silence. No one should ever be ignored and turned away because a disease is not visible. Every woman should have the option of carrying their own child. Painful periods are not normal. There is NO cure for endometriosis. However, we are stronger than this disease. It will never define who I am, it stole way too much of my life already. And lastly, if you feel something is wrong keep searching for the answer until you get it. Never give up hope because there are wonderful doctors out there like Dr Seckin. Dr Seckin turns down no one! It's sad to think that people write negative comments bc he has never turned any woman down that needs his help. He loves what he does and it shows!!!! Thank you Dr Seckin!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Seckin performed my excision surgery in April 2017. I went undiagnosed for two decades as doctors assured me my periods were normal and pushed me away with a myriad of birth control prescriptions. After a five hour long procedure with Dr. Seckin, I recently found out I am pregnant! I have been feeling like a new woman ever since surgery and to be naturally pregnant after my excision surgery with him is a complete blessing. My family, husband and I cannot thank Dr. Seckin enough. A true master at endometriosis surgery. God bless you, doctor.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2018

I am a 35-year-old breast cancer survivor who also has a long history of endometriosis; I met Dr. Seckin in the summer of 2018. Until the age of 28 my endometriosis was undiagnosed. For many years I've lived with excruciating pain and tried several medications for pain relief. There were occasions where I had to stop living a normal life, leave work and skip out on important events due to severe abdominal pain. Relief, if any, was always temporary and over the years my pain grew progressively worse. I have undergone two prior surgeries with my last surgery being on November 2017. 2 months after my most recent surgery, my endo pain came back full force. For me endometriosis always was a monster leaving inside of me; I never knew when and how it would decide to wake up and take over my life. After having my initial consultation with Dr. Seckin, I completed my pelvic MRI and while we were trying to figure out my surgery date, I started getting excruciating abdominal pain, which was sadly too familiar. I could tell by the pain level that a cyst in my ovaries had ruptured which happened to me previously. I was hesitant about going to the emergency room as I would spend countless hours going through the same physcial examinations with temporary relief in the end. I called Dr. Seckin’s office knowing that it was his surgery day hoping that I could speak to someone in the office. Lucy in the office was incredibly helpful and she managed to get a hold of Dr Seckin and Dr Goldstein during their OR break. With their instructions I was admitted to the Emergency Room and as I was waiting in line for further processing, I found Dr Seckin in the hallways of ER looking for me. He immediately took care of everything, got me to an exam room and rushed everyone around to look into my case. Within 1 hour of being admitted to ER, I was getting ready for surgery. After operating a whole day and even though he was scheduled to go out of town on a holiday, Dr Seckin postponed all of his plans and decided to take on my surgery for which I’m extremely grateful. I don’t think anyone could have done what he did for me that day. Today I am nearly 2 months post op and I’m no longer taking any pain medication, even Tylenol. I feel like a new person and my quality of life improved significantly. Both Dr Seckin and Dr Goldstein really looked after me during my stay at the hospital and post surgery. I am beyond grateful that he was able to help me and change my life.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

Like so many women who have tirelessly sought a correct diagnosis and proper, thorough medical treatment for endometriosis, I found myself 26 years into this unwanted journey without clear answers or help from four previous gynecological doctors and two emergency laparoscopic surgeries. I desperately wanted to avoid the ER again; a CT scan this Mother's Day for appendicitis also revealed a likely endometrioma on my left ovary, for the second time in my life. This is when I finally found Dr. Seckin and Dr. Goldstein, thanks to searching online. I called to schedule my appointment. It was truly the best decision I could have made. Dr. Seckin and Dr. Goldstein carefully listened to my patient history, read through my past surgical reports and test results, and asked specific questions to uncover the likely locations of endometrial lesions. My in-office ultrasound exam was thorough, respectful, and informative. I immediately knew that I had found the best doctors, whose knowledge and experience put me at ease. I no longer feared the bomb ticking away on my ovary, because I was a clear candidate for surgery. However, I didn't know how far the disease process of endometriosis had gone in my body, because I had never had the diagnosis until I saw Dr. Seckin! With responsive, professional assistance from the doctors and compassionate office staff, especially Kim and Holli, we were able to connect with my insurance company and move forward quickly to schedule my surgery. Dr. Seckin and Dr. Goldstein have changed my life. After excising the endometrioma, repairing my ovary, excising many endometrial lesions and areas of inflammation throughout my peritoneal cavity and cul-de-sac, and removing my uterus in a complete hysterectomy, all through the tiniest incisions, Dr. Seckin came to check on me in my room at Lenox Hill hospital. I could immediately tell that my body was no longer struggling to have energy because of all the inflammation I had been living with for so long. I felt so much better, though understandably sore after the procedure. I sincerely thanked him, with tears of joy and utter relief welling up in my eyes. My pain was well managed; the attentive nursing staff at Lenox Hill deserves high praise. I went home the day after surgery, only needing some Tylenol and Advil on rotation, and plenty of rest. It is now two weeks after surgery, and I am back to work and feeling like a new person! I am following my doctors’ orders during my recovery, and will have another visit in about a month. I understand endometriosis has no cure. However, I have finally found the best physicians to follow my care. If I ever need to have more laparoscopic surgery in the future, I would not hesitate to call Dr. Seckin and Dr. Goldstein.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

Dr. Seckin is one of the best endometriosis surgeon. Every time I go to the office, he really listens to me and is always concerned about my issues. Dr Seckin's office staff are a delight and they always work with me. I feel I can leave everything to them and they will take care of it. Thank you to the Doctor and everyone (Holli, Lucy and Kim) in the office for what you do. I am truly blessed to have found this great

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

When I think of Dr. Seckin these are the words that come to mind. Gratitude, grateful, life-changing, a heart of gold. I feel compelled to give you a bit of background so you can understand the significance of this surgery for me. I am passionate about Endometriosis because it has affected me most of my life and I have a strong desire to raise awareness and help others not to suffer. Long story short I saw that Dr. Seckin's charity (EFA) was doing a patient awareness day in NYC in March 2018 and something told me I needed to be there. (I live in Detroit). I made a last minute decision to be there. After the full day of FREE education about Endo, I felt compelled to thank Dr. Seckin for putting this event on. I waited in a line up to thank him and I asked him if we could take a picture. He was curious about why I wanted a photo and asked me if I was press, but I told him no, I am just someone who has Endo and wanted to bring this education back to my little support group in MI. He asked me "how are you feeling?" I was honest with him, I said: "not so great." I told him that I had FIVE surgeries in the past and it has been about nine years since my last one, but I had begun to feel pretty sick again over the past few months. He said, "Come to see me", and my intuition told me, this is what I need to do, I instantly trusted him. I was coming back to NYC in a few months for work and made an appointment. We confirmed I still had Endo going on and we scheduled surgery for August. I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Seckin & his team. This decision changed my life. I have never met anyone like him. He is honest and to the point which I respect so very much. I've never met a Doctor like him, I could feel his care, emotion and how badly he wants to help women with Endo. I had planned and canceled a surgery last year with another "expert" who wanted me to have a Hysterectomy, said it "was time" since I was in pain again and I must have Adenomyosis. But guess what I do not have Adenomyosis and because of Dr. Seckin, I still have my Uterus. I traveled from Detroit and it was the BEST decision of my life. I am overwhelmed with how well I was treated at the hospital and by Dr. Seckin and his team. As you can tell I could go on forever about this, but the bottom line. Dr. Seckin is amazing, caring, compassionate and a life changer. Sit in his office and watch all the hugs and love from his patients and you will know you are in the right hands to finally feel better and move on with your life. Thank you, Dr. Seckin, for giving me a new life.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Dr Seckin gave me, life again. i suffered for many years. make a long story short..after being in hospital for 24 hrs with 4 doctors not knowing what was wrong with me. they called in Dr Seckin and he diagnosed me immediately. I could have list my life. Well after treatment....OMG ...I WAS PREGNANT!!. MY boy,is now 17. striving..although a pain in the a... The love of my life!!!❤❤❤. I'm blessed beyond belief . Dr Seckin was ahead of game.... Recognizing the struggles and troubles of women all over the world. I admire Dr Seckin for all he's done not only for me but for all woman out there that put their trust in him and are thriving!!! Thank You Dr Seckin!.. Forever Grateful... Debra Mammi

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

If you are tired of Endometriosis, he has a SOLUTION for you. He can be the best!!! Thanks to him. I had major cramps during my periods and he decided a surgery. From that day all my crapms are jyst inly bad memories for me. No more pain :)

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr. Seckin is the best Gynecologists I have ever seen (and I have been to plenty). After having my first surgery at 17 years old due to endometriosis I thought that if I ever needed another surgery it wouldn't be a problem. Fast forward 8 years, I was now living in New York and knew that I desperately needed another surgery, so I started the tireless search for a Gynecologists. I thought all hope was gone after having been turned away by doctors telling me that I was too young to have a second surgery (the same surgery I had when I was 17, and now I was 25). They would tell me that the risk was too great. Translation, they were not confident enough in their skills as surgeons. It took me another 8 years before I found Dr. Seckin, he was my last hope, I was so tired of going to doctors that were not willing to help me and had made the decision that if he couldn’t help me then I would continue to suffer in silence. At the age of 33, I walked into Dr. Seckin’s office and in minutes was scheduling my next surgery. He discovered that I now had fibroid tumors. Sadly, after two years of relief they started to grow back causing me even more pain. At the age of 35, I asked Dr. Seckin to do something that he really didn’t want to do; that was to give me a hysterectomy. We had a long talk about the surgery, about life, what I wanted for my future and even what he hoped my future could be. It was singularly the greatest conversation I had ever had with any doctor. I sat across from him wondering what he would decide, I think I was holding my breath as he silently thought about what I had said. Did he hear me? Did he understand how I felt? Would he be like all the other doctors and just tell me no? At the age of 35, I had a hysterectomy, my doctor, Dr. Seckin. He listened to me, he understood how I felt, and he was nothing like the doctors I had saw in the past. At the age of 35, Dr. Seckin gave me control of my life and my future. There is no greater gift, to me, that a doctor can give. Tiffany A.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Without Dr. Seckin I can confidently say I am scared to consider where our daughter might be. At 14 she began to complain of odd symptoms we could not understand; migraines,a pain under her ribs, severe back pain, vomiting. During her period she would miss school for 3-4 days. A motivated student and passionate athlete, she began to withdraw. She was lethargic and started becoming anxious. My husband and I were conflicted. Often angry that she was missing school and checking out of life, we didn’t know how much to push. By the end of 10th grade she was missing so much school that she was put on home instruction. We desperately searched for answers taking her to; the pediatrician, the neurologist, an endocrinologist, a gastroenterologist, three gynecologists and a psychiatrist. She was prescribed three types of continuous birth control over the course of a year and given vitamin D supplements, Topamax, Imitrex, Prevacid, Valium and Lexapro. Nothing was helping and at 16 she was spending 90% of her time in a dark bedroom. Doctors were telling us there was nothing they could do. After her neurologist recognized a pattern in her migraines and suggested they might be hormonal, I began to look at the possibility of endometriosis. On one particularly dark depressing day, I picked up the phone and called Dr. Seckin’s office. I was barely able to speak, drained from explaining this story to one more doctor’s office. When Holli picked up the phone she gave me her full attention. She spoke to me like she understood and for the first time in over two years, I didn’t feel crazy. We scheduled an appointment and I had a feeling of hope. We met with Dr. Seckin in early October. He asked us many questions about her symptoms. Many of the symptoms he inquired about, my daughter had, but a good number she did not. As she started to say “No” to symptom after symptom, I got nervous and remember feeling physically ill. “I’m wrong. This isn’t it.” I mentioned that I had struggled with infertility and endometriosis, but that my symptoms were never as strong as hers. He seemed to know then that more exploring was needed. Charlotte had an ultrasound and Dr. Seckin scheduled an MRI. He was compassionate, soft spoken and confident, yet I still felt unsure. Endometriosis was my daughter’s disease but it lashed out at me, making me unsure of every decision and of every doctor. I wanted a definite answer. I wasn’t sure I could hold on until surgery to find out. He sensed my anxiety and promised she would get into surgery very soon. Surgery was 11/16/17 We assumed it would take about an hour and we expected to go home that day. But, what is expected is not always what occurs. She went in at 11 and when Dr. Seckin finally came to the waiting area at 1:30 he said, “She was a very sick girl. Endometriosis was on her appendix. I took it out. She will come back” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Her appendix was the cause of her nausea. Dr. Seckin explained how rare this was. The first week of recovery was tough. She was recovering and unfortunately got her period 4 days after surgery. It was very painful and we were really anxious. However, within a few days she started perking up. It’s hard to describe what it is like but the best way is to say that the “light was turned back on”. She had been dark and despondent for so long that we almost forgot the funny, sarcastic, witty kid she is. The second weekend after surgery, she went out with friends Friday and Saturday night. That might be expected for a normal 16 year old but it had not happened in well over a year. She also started making plans for next summer, talking about a job and a writing camp. Our daughter lost a lot in the 2 years since she started feeling the effects of endometriosis. Her academics suffered and she will likely have a slightly different path toward college, but without Dr. Seckin, college wasn’t even a consideration. Dr. Seckin saved her life and we do not have the words to adequately praise or thank him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Dr. Tamer Seckin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Tamer Seckin, MD, is a Board Certified gynecologist and laparoscopic surgeon in private practice in New York City, practicing at North Shore-LIJ/Lenox Hill Hospital. He specializes in treating women with endometriosis and founded the Seckin Endometriosis Center (SEC). endometriosis surgeryHe is an internationally known specialist in minimally invasive advanced laparoscopic surgery and is among a very limited number of gynecologic surgeons in the United States who is exclusively committed to the use of Laparoscopic Deep-Excision of endometriosis. Founder of Endometriosis Foundation of America Endometriosis Foundation of America Logo In 2009, Dr. Seckin founded the Endometriosis Foundation of America (EFA), an organization that works to raise awareness and emphasizes the critical value of surgical excision of endometriosis. The EFA is the first research and advocacy foundation organized by a private physician. Under his guidance as Medical Director, the EFA strives to increase disease recognition, provide advocacy, facilitate expert surgical training, and fund landmark endometriosis research. Author of Recognizing and Treating Endometriosis Author of Recognizing and Treating Endometriosis In 2016, Dr. Seckin wrote and published his first full-length book, Recognizing and Treating Endometriosis: The Doctor Will See You Now. The book is written at a level that everyone with ties to this disease can relate to and understand, but it is also written for doctors with good intentions who lack the knowledge of how to diagnose and treat endometriosis. This book is for the “Endo Warriors,” women determined to let the world know their stories so that every woman with this disease—from the thirteen-year-old girl who is being told that her pain is “part of becoming a woman” to the woman who has been misdiagnosed for decades—knows she is not alone. Yes, her pain is real. No, she is not crazy. Yes, there is hope.

• English
  • Turkish

• Hacettepe Univ, Tip Fak, Hacettepe, Ankara, Turkey (Grad. 1978)

• Endometriosis
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women

• Super Doctors