Ratings for Dr. Bruce P. Marcus

Dr. Marcus is a great listener and provides great guidance. I came in without the confidence needed to address the issues in my life and he worked with me until I was able to stand-up to life's challenges. Today, I have a much brighter outlook on life and have never felt better. Also, Dr. Marcus has great connections in the medical community and will leverage those relationships to get his patients appointments weeks, if not months, before a typical new patient. Thank you Dr. Marcus...

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Dr Marcus was very sensitive to my issues and very knowledgable. He helped me tremendously through some very difficult times. Would and have recommended it to others who adore him.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

He didn't listen to my concerns and wouldn't address them. He spent 4 sessions pushing me to take meds and doing nothing else. I took the meds and suddenly went from only having extreme anxiety to having extreme depression. I asked right away if it were possible that the meds contributed to the sudden mood shift. "No, not possible," he kept saying. "Take them. You need them." I wound up in the ER the next day. Guess what? Zoloft CAN cause sudden depression. It's right on the label. Dr. Marcus kept pushing me to do nothing but medicate, despite my concerns. When I asked him what non-medicinal things I could work on to feel better, he kept changing the subject. He recommended that I not go to work or school and just lay on the couch popping Xanax all day and wouldn't listen to me when I said laying around doing nothing makes me MORE anxious. By other opinions, it seems that he also misdiagnosed me. He does NOT listen and does not give practical advice for coping with problems.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011