Ratings for Dr. Maged M. Mina

The staff is very condescending and rude and have experienced a lot of overbilling and they push meds on you that clearly they are getting a kickback on. Also, sometimes you go and you are forced to see his wife because he is not there---and you are not given the opportunity to reschedule.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I don't know what happened to the other people who say they had a bad experience, but if you have legitimate paid and aren't just doctor shopping for pain meds, this is the man to come to. He's compassionate and so are all the people on his staff. I've never had a bad experience and he's always available to listen if my symptoms are changing or the medication isn't working. I'm so happy I didn't like the neurologist I went to upstairs from him and stopped at his office.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Horrible staff, horrible doctor.....I changed right away!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

When I asked how much this was going to cost me, the receptionist told me $300, which I believed was a little expensive but I was hoping for some pain relief. Then, I found it curious that a couple days prior to my scheduled procedure, I received at least four calls from different people on Dr. Mina's staff asking me for advance payment. I told them I would pay the day I got my procedure. Upon arriving at the medical facility the day of my procedure, I paid the $300. Two weeks later, I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Mina and the receptionist said I owed $300. I told them I already paid. She said what I paid was the $300 "facility" fee and that I owed Dr. Mina another $300 plus $50 for the follow up visit co-pay. Since the procedure did not relieve my pain, I canceled the appointment and told them to bill me. In my view -- if they aren't simply scamming patients to get paid twice for the same procedure -- then they are at least clearly mis-representing the total cost of the procedure. I'll never go back. He didn't relieve my pain... and if I would have known the total cost was going to be so much I would never have agreed to the procedure. Especially since I'm no better off except for being lighter in the wallet.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Dr. Mina is compassionate and knowledgeable. Miracle worker with my back pain.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Mina by the surgeon who did my surgery. Dr. Mina did not want to help me. He barely looked at reports I brought, and barely examined me. He told me "Well, you had the surgery to fix it, so why are you in so much pain?" I was thinking,why do you think I am here?! He offered no solutions for my disabling pain except for an expensive treatment that my insurance doesn't cover. He acted cold & indifferent.I barely got to explain all symptoms. I am in disabling pain and have been for 2 yrs. I was frustrated and told him no one has been able to diagnose my condition & find solution. Tears came to my eyes and I was upset. He threw his hands up, said I was insulting him and walked out on me!I have NEVER had a dr. do this, or have heard of dr. walking out on a patient.Especially when someone is in distress. He wouldn't even prescribe pain meds! He is no dr.; he is an animal. I spent $60 on cab fare and $30 for copay to be insulted and disrespected. Do NOT go to see him.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

Dr. Mina did not care about my health and well being. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

OMG! The staff is not helpful at all....there is one lady Irene who I spoke with on the phone she was VERY rude and when I asked to speak to someone else she said "When you come in for your appt you can write me up" I was like wow what an attitude. She needs to find another career because customer service is not her cup of tea.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

test!!! I was referred to him (Mina)from my family Doc, and he did most of the talking and I felt that he new all about me, I had 5 option's,,didn't approved of the pain med I was on, Hydrocodone, so he gave me a script for Lyrica, which my insurance didn't approve, so later I had a follow up visit with my family doc n he gave me a sample bottle to try, I didn't notice any differance, other than the side effect's, the run's... Later I was running out of my pain med's and was told that he was in charge of them now, but after several days of no answer, I drove to his office on Hardy Oaks to find out he had moved suite's and that no one was there but his wife, and she made a call, an gave me a script. Later in the week, I had 1/2 calls, wanting to book me an appt. for injection's, and I explain, until I have more current test, an he got to know my back problem's that and he understood them, we booked a follow up test. to be cont' Danny

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

I have no problem with the doctor, it's his staff. They lie about how they will take care of medicine refills then leave you with out medication for days before they give you refills. It also appears that the staff runs the doctor not the doctor running the staff. When you are able to talk to the doctor alone then he takes care of you but if a nurse is there she interrupts and you can't let the doctor know where you stand. The doctor needs to step up and take charge of his office and take care of his patients. Also the staff will make you feel like your just seeking drugs any chance they get. They could care less about you or your pain.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. Maged M. Mina's Credentials

• Ain Shams Univ, Fac Of Med, Abbasia, Cairo, Egypt (330-04 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1991)

MSP/BC Med