Ratings for Dr. Steven M. Bauer

Dr. Bauer is knowledgeable, informative, and displays genuine care for me. I see him every three months and if I have an unexpected reason to be seen and Dr Bauer not available, I am referred to his PA. She is also well versed in her profession. As far as staff, at his old location, the staff was unprofessional and they would pass ypu around on the phone until you didn't gave a clue whom you were talking with. They were curt and disrepctful. In his new environment, the staff appears to have improved. Their phone system has gotten better than it was when he first moved to overlook office. His nurse, LaMacia, is extremely curteous and professional. I was not pleased with the other nurse at his stone oak office. The sole reason I followed Dr. Bauer to the overlook office was because of his, characteristics and knowledge. I'm pleased that his staff is an improvement from his stone oak office. So his mover to Med First at Overlook was a Win Win for me. I'd refer Dr. Bauer to any one. He's likely worked hard to be where he is today and deserves an excellent review. Everyone at one time or another can encounter an unpleasant wait. It's not a. Every time occurrence and one has to look past those singled out instances and recognize the quality of his services.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Bauer for 10 plus years and could not be more pleased with him as a doctor. I have to agree with other reviewers that his office staff has deteriorated since he moved from his Blanco office. His move from Stone Oak to Overlook was abrupt and without notice. Great doctor, so-so staff.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr Bauer is a wonder doctor. I could not be more pleased with him.18 years

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Bauer since 2010 and had no problems with appointments of staff. Since his move to Med First, I have received a recording, telling me my upcoming appointment was cancelled and asking that I call the office to reschedule. I spent a week trying to speak to someone, with no luck. I spent 2 hours one morning and was never able to get through. That evening, a recorded message call came, reminding me of my appointment. I was finally able to reach the office manager and told him to please cancel my appointment that I had been told was cancelled, until I could get new lab orders and schedule to discuss those with Dr. Bauer at a new appointment time. It has been two days and I have heard nothing from the office, but did just receive another recorded message, telling me that I had missed my appointment......the one I asked the office manager to cancel. I will be looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Since the practice moved in with Med First as of Oct 6th, its a hot hairy mess in their office. No one called me back from the answering service which was bad - they should have the phones forwarding to the new office! I had to go back in for more lab work 2 times because of their mess ups with orders to the lab - which all in all has pushed my surgery 2 weeks! Good thing it wasn't life threatening.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

if you are heavily tattooed and have chronic back pain..even with an xray saying you muscle splinting the staff will treat you like a drug hungry human being. Ive never been treated so poorly by anyone

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I used this practice for approximately one year. Dr. Bauer is a knowledgeable and thorough physician, however this practice is extremely poorly run. His staff is incredibly rude and inefficient - plan to wait over an hour for a scheduled appointment. In my experience, the staff will fail to return phone calls, deliver messages, or follow up with your communications, appointments or concerns - it appears they are not held accountable for their performance. His nurses, while medically competent, are unprofessional and appear to be very poorly managed. If you are a professional and actually have expectations of being treated as such, this is the last place you want to use. In my opinion, Dr. Bauer has no business running a private practice; however, he would make a excellent ER doctor (where a hospital controls the business side of things).

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

In a years time I was only able to see Dr. Bauer once and only because he had a cancellation. I am always told that he is out, and I have to see the PA and on one occassion I was told to go to Urgent Care. They are so busy they don't listen and have perscribed medications I can not take which was written on the forms I gave them. If you want to see a PA and not a Doctor and are OK with spending your money for that service than you will be OK. But if you really want quality service from a real doctor you need to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Doctor takes time and listens.Staff is disorganized and inefficient. There has been a large turnover.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

You can always see the doctor if you call ahead and specifically ask for a visit with the doctor. You must ask for him because he is so popular he is booked up 3 months in advance. fortunately, if you have a more urgent need you can still be seen, the PA's are there to see you when he is already booked for short notice visits.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

Dr. Steven M. Bauer's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1994)

Commercial Insurance Company