Ratings for Dr. Aida M. Lugo-Somolinos

I have been here twice. In both cases, the resident did a thorough exam then called in doctor who did a second exam and consulted on the treatment. They froze some spots on bald head one year and biopsied a spot on my leg the next. The care and communication were both excellent.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Lugo-Somolinos had my husband and me put in the same room. We removed no clothes. She never looked at us. The resident looked at our faces briefly, froze a couple of spots and told us to return in a year. The resident failed to find the basal cell on my husband's nose. My hairdresser found a stage 3 melanoma on my scalp shortly thereafter. Lugo-Somolinos says that my treatment was "appropriate." We got the biggest bill we have ever had! The resident wrote on my chart that she had examined my thighs! Through my pants? I now have no hair on the left side of my head and never will have. Next week I get the second skin graft to try to heal the wound left from radiation burns. This woman only cares about her salary and protecting her rear end. Go to her at your peril. Although she admits that we should have been properly examined, she takes no responsibility for the resulting disaster. She has never asked what she might do to help. She has never even said she was sorry. Stay away!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

I had a very good experience . Concerned and helpful. The clinic at UNC is crowded and they run late but the staff in very nice. I will see her again. You don't have to have students look you over, just tell them no students! I'm too old to be naked in front of a bunch of kids.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Dr. Aida M. Lugo-Somolinos's Credentials

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Workers Comp