Ratings for Dr. H. Peter Degreen

I have been a cancer patient of Dr. H Peter DeGreen for 21 years. He is a very special doctor, who listens and spends the time necessary to answer all your questions.Sometimes that means running a little late on a scheduled appointment, all is forgiven with that DeGreen "greeting and smile".In the early treatment days he was so easy to talk to and really helped me get through those hard times. His encouragement and willingness to help me just showed me what a wonderful man and knowledgeable Doctor he is.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. H. Peter DeGreen's since 1990. He has provided care and guidance through my 2 bouts with breast cancer. I have always found him and his staff to be patient, caring, helpful and most of all, knowledgeable about my medical situations. I would certainly recommend him and the Lancaster Cancer Center to anyone. I am honored to say that I am now 73 years old and I could't say if I would have made it this far without excellent medical care.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Have known Dr H.Peter DeGreen for 11 years and have always had unparallelled care, from everyone in the office. Have always felt that i am in good hands. In Lancaster,i would not go to any other oncology practice.!!!! Susan A. Davis, RN BA

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

I was diagnosed w/breast cancer in 1996. Dr. Peter DeGreen was highly recommended and I have always considered him my hero. He is highly professional and at the same time very caring and comforting. He has always treated me w/respect, always treats me as a person not just a patient and even asks about my family at every visit. He puts me at ease. He deals w/all my fears w/concern and precise answers. He is always happy and smiling. Sometimes my appts run late but I know when I get in his exam room he is dealing with ME and never makes me feel like my exam time is up and he's ready to move on. When you're in there he will take as much time w/you as you/he need. You are #1. He has a great family and it obvious how much they mean to him. Who wouldn't want a dr. like that. He helped save my life. He's my hero.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Dr Peter DeGreen treated my partner over the course of nine years. He was always thorough, patient, and extremely professional. He went above and beyond to find the resources that my partner needed for variety of cancers. he took the time to consult with other oncologists and even took her case to a professional symposium to get input. When the time finally came to make the hard decision; my partner and Dr DeGreen knew the treatment needed to stop, he and his amazing wife came to the hospital and spoke with both of us. I don't think we could have found a more professional skilled and caring oncologist anywhere.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

Peter DeGreen, MD is the senior partner at Lancaster Cancer Center, an independent practice not owned by any hospital. His son, Tracy DeGreen, DO, is also a medical oncologistat at Lancaster Cancer Center. Both are amazingly caring and impressively professional. The first comment came from a disgruntled husband (not the patient) whose wife had not been treated at the Cancer Center for two years, and then by another doctor in the practice. I was a patient 20 years ago, yet every year the Center follows up on my health status. I would like to add that Dr. Peter DeGreen has treated patients in Lancaster for a total of 34 years and never has there been a question of his integrity or dedication. Hopefully this negative rating will be taken down because it was not written by the patient in question.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I have Stage IV Gallbladder Cancer. On Feb 27, 2014, I was admitted to Lancaster General with neutropenia. I requested the doctor from Lancaster Cancer Center who was my oncologist during the first year after my diagnosis. My current oncologist is in Philadelphia. Dr. Peter DeGreen refused saying that I fired them in 2012. I did not fire LCC. In 2012, Dr. DeGreen changed the payment policy, which required that I pay my co-pay of $190 prior to receiving my chemo. This change required me to pay $670 each month, which was unaffordable. I have not had any other oncology practice expect this of me. LCC had a nurse at the office who met us to discuss finances and request the co-pay prior to approving my treatment. When my husband called Dr. DeGreen on Mar 1 to ask why he wouldn’t see me, DeGreen opened with “I am surprised your wife is still with us.” What doctor would ever speak to a cancer patient’s spouse with such callous words? I am disgusted by Dr. DeGreen and his methods.

Submitted March 6, 2014

Dr. Degreen is a very busy man and there is a good reason for that. As the primary physician at the Lancaster Cancer Center, his reputation precedes him; most patients want to see a Degreen. This is not to say that the other doctors at the center are bad, just that Dr. Degreen is so good. He is kind, caring and talks to his patients with respect. He understands the difficult time his patients are going through and works to make them comfortable. Beyond that, he is a very knowledgeable doctor who is great at his field.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Dr. H. Peter Degreen's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)