Ratings for Dr. Julie A. Reed

Dr. Reed is kind and caring. She has taken the time to answer my questions and address my concerns. I have had to wait to be seen on a couple of visits, but I understand that she sometimes runs into something unexpected with another patient. I try to remember that I would want her to take the time with me, that was needed, and hopefully the patients behind me would understand. I have seen her for a couple of years, now, and recommend her to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

The real Dr. Reed was a great Doctor! This doctor did not know what HCG was. Dr. Stanmore Reed knew more in his little toe than she knows in her entire brain. His old partner Dr J. Johnson is great.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Disliked her experience in being a doctor. I have a science degree and I think I know more than she does. I would not take my dog to go see her.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

DR. Reed saw me for ten minutes, wrote me a prescription for the constant vomiting and nausea, and sent me on my way. I told her that from the begining of my pregnancy until current that I had lost 20lbs!(I'm 2mths) She flinched for a moment but just told me to take my Zofran and try to eat more, even suggested I drink protein drinks. She did not do a thorough exam, take blood, or even ask me invasive questions to try to determine if there was a underlying problem that could be causing me to be so sick. I felt she was trying to get through her rounds for the day and not focused on me as an individual. I tried to call her numerous times after that vist to report to her that i was still vomiting excessively and that I needed her to fill out paperwork for me in order for me to have excused time off from work until we could determine a way to control my sickness. She would never speak to me directly, she always refered me to her nurse, and gave me the run around.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013

Dr. Reed means well but seems to lack the talent and/or will to take a moment and development a thoughtful course of treatment. Being a good doctor is more than ordering blood tests and writing prescriptions, it's also listening, retaining information and making educated decisions that improve your patients' outcomes. After two failed pregnancies and now pregnant with my third this year, I decided to change doctors to see what another Dr. might do differently. Within the first five minutes I spent with the other doctor I realized just how much Dr. Reed left to be desired. There were treatments I could have been on for the second pregnancy that may have made a difference. I am now almost 8 weeks into my pregnancy with the new doctor and all seems well. In the time it's taken him to order bloodwork, see me twice and have two ultra-sounds performed, Dr. Reed's office has not called even once to find out why I didn't show up for my second bloodwork appointment two weeks ago.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr Julie is wonderful. I had a complicated pregnancy to where I was hospitalized for over 30 days. She took excellent care for me.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Reed since 2004 and I absolutely love her. She has made my experiences worth any wait time. She is kind, patient and a remarkable doctor. I have several family members and friends that are now going to her and feel the same way!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

After waiting for two hours for my OB appt. she came in the room, spent about 30 seconds with me (just told me "everything's fine")and got up to leave before I even had a chance to tell her about my concerns. I had to stop her from walking out and when I told her my concerns/issues I'd been having she completely blew me off. She couldn't wait to get out of there! DO NOT GO SEE THIS DOCTOR. I am 23 weeks pregnant and am now looking to switch to a new practice because I don't want to take the chance that she may be the doctor on call when I go into labor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

She was always late for appts. and could not be bothered to stop and answer my questions since I had a healthy pregnancy. She spent an average of 2 minutes with me after I often waited an hour or more to see her. I saw her the morning I went into labor and she still had to ask that evening when I delivered if I was having a boy or girl! I had saw her not 8 hours ago and she was my primary OB. I know she has a lot of pts. but check the chart and at least give the illusion that you know who I am.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

I started hemorraghing after my labor/delivery and she never came by to check on me, which was next door to her office. She called in the meds to the nursing staff. It was a very long and scary day with no reassurance from her.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010

Dr. Julie A. Reed's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal