Ratings for Dr. Luis E. Duarte

DR Duarte has changed a lot this yrs he's not as caring as he use to be.He doesn't have good bed side manners. He use to. I've been seeing him for about 10 yrs. He a great DR he knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Excellent staff and nurses and nurse practitioners

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

He was scheduled to do back surgery on my husband and two days before he didn't even have a. Clue about what was going on after months of seeing his p.a

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

I have had 3 back surgeries in the past 4 years. Dr. Duarte preformed my last one (lumbar fusion). I have permanent nerve damage down my left leg and my left foot and I am planning on another procedure to help with that. Kara is my PA and I absolutely love her. She always takes time to listen to all my concerns. I have only met with Dr. Duarte when having my surgery or other procedures. I have found that his PA's are the only ones you actually see during your appointments. I have had no problem with Kara or Dustin, they have always been very professional, caring and very knowledgeable, but there is one more lady PA that I had dealings with while in the hospital. It was the day I was suppose to be discharged and I tried to explain to her that I had a terrible headache and was throwing up. She was extremely rude when I asked for phenergan to help, she refused and even yelled at my mother in the hall when she tried to get me some help telling her I needed to get off all my meds. My mother tried to explain to her that she could not send me home in the pain I was in and that something was not right. She sent me home anyways, throwing up and in terrible pain. I continued to be sick for days at home and eventually called my regular dr who figured out I had a spinal headache and sent me back to Dr. Duarte who had to preform a spinal patch. This all could been prevented if that one PA would have listened to me or even my mother instead being rude and just sending me home. Other than that experience, All my other dealings with Dr. Duate and his other two PA's have been wonderful. I am hoping that continues with this next procedure I am planning on having to relieve my nerve pain.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Excellent doctor who is easy to talk with and very knowledgeable about his specialty. He quickly diagnosed my problem and outlined a three-step treatment process from simplest to most complex and got me started. I appears that the simplest treatment may be working and I am hopeful, but also confident that if it doesn't, he will find one that will. I thought his staff was excellent and I would recommend Dr. Duarte without hesitation.

Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Duarte took time with us, explaining what we needed to know and answering all of our questions.He is caring and attentive.My husband had DBS (for Parkinson's Disease) surgery 2 years ago by another doctor. Dr. Duarte had to go in and correct what had been done wrong by the first doctor, as well as put the probe in the correct place in the brain. The surgery was longer and more difficult than anticipated. The results are incredible. Jim can now walk without dragging his foot, talk plainly, and eat without dealing with a tremor. Dr Duarte has given my husband his life back.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

rude office staff, Dr makes you see PA. They dont listen to the patient or even seem to care. They always promise "on the next visit we wil...." meanwhile I am miserable. Find another Dr.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Very intelligent man, listens to concerns & obviously cares. However has two physian assistants that are both uncaring.His office staff is (most of them anyway) also great & his main nurse is the best!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

The medical records staff is horrible! I tried retrieving records and the lady was yelling about her personal issues while she had me on hold. She was not kind nor helpful. I sent her a fax twice and received a conformation from the machine and she told me she didn'get it and they "usually don't get a lot of faxes." She was rude and inpatient and after I told her all the information she came back to the phone and said she had five things going on if I could repeat it all. A great clinic has an excellent friendly staff and I can't say that for this office. Will not be sending patients here any more.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

Excellent Physcian, very kind, and very easy to talk too. Would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Dr. Luis E. Duarte's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1987)