Ratings for Dr. Danny Wheat

Just read comments so true about his staff! My mom just started seeing him this Summer...just called for another appointment because her issues started back up....was told that she was a no show in August ad would need to pay $35 before she could see the Dr....tried explaining that she is on fixed income.....then talked to my mom ...she said she did call and cancel! Not nice people...smh!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

STAFF IS UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE. IT IS SAD TO SEE A GREAT DOCTOR HAVE HORRIBLE STAFF WORKING BEHIND HIM. LADIES IN THE FRONT OFFICE, THE NURSE, THE ENTIRE TEAM BESIDES THE DOCTOR NEED TO GO ELSEWHERE AND CONSIDER A DIFFERENT CAREER. UNFORTUNATELY, I WILL NOT BE RETURNING DUE TO THE STAFF.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Over books often. 6 in waiting room and 7 rooms full. Good nurses have left. Front desk can be rude and impersonal depending on who it is. Dr. Wheat is good, employees are lacking at this time. July 2017

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Rude staff. Threatened my daughter, kicked the door open in my treatment rooms and scared me, my grandchildren and my daughter. This is after we'd been waiting in the room for over 2 hours to get my stiche's out after surgery. My daughter was made to leave the building because she kept asking how much longer and telling them I was in pain. It was so getto. I never went back after that.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Was referred by VA Choice Program, saw the doctor, was scheduled for follow up, then when appointment came up staff did not know about appointment. Told me on day of appointment I'd have to get another authorization from the VA to be seen. After first visit I received a bill from this doctor who had already been paid by the VA. It took more than 4 phone calls to remedy that situation and staff was nasty and failed to call me back after promising they would. All in all, I wouldn't recommend Dr Wheat. His staff told me during the appointment that he didn't pay them enough and that they had no health insurance provided even though he was a health care provider himself. There was much animosity among staff members in his office. It was a very tense atmosphere that permeated the treatment. Promised follow up care on 2nd visit was never accomplished due to the authorization issue. So all in all I got nothing out of the visit due to the lack of follow up. I was very surprised that I was treated this way due to Dr Wheat's position on the school board in Abilene. Possibly the worst experience I've ever had at a health care treatment facility.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Hated my last podiatrist, he never listened. Danny always listens, is very curious and actually wants to help

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Girl at front desk is unprofessional. I'm considering selecting another doctor because of her. DR Wheat seems to be a good doctor, but the girl at front is a PITA

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

The girl at the front desk is rude and hateful. I could hear her yelling about me not bringing my xrays... Very tacky and unprofessional. People can actually hear you talking about them when they are in the patient rooms. Maybe she is just ignorant

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I had a great first appointment with Dr. Wheat. The follow-up was for 2 weeks out. It was a late afternoon appointment. It seemed as though they weren't expecting me (the woman at the front wasn't there for the first 15 minutes? Then when the nurse took me back she said "I will go see where Dr. Wheat is, I don't think he is expecting another patient". ? OK? He came in...was very nice...asked me a few questions about how I was progressing said I could start progressivly walking again. And before I realized the appt was over? I felt rushed and when I got out to the waiting room I brought up how he didn't cover shoes/prevention (Which is what a follow-up should be?) The nurse said she would go get him and when she came out she said he had already left for the day. What?! In 3 minutes he left. I was really disappointed I had to pay a $35 copay for something I already knew (I could walk) . I was told he would call to follow-up (no one did)I called 3 times. $35 is alot of money for 5 min.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. Wheat is excellent, very knowledgeable and good bedside manner. The lady that answers the phone and "greets" people is rude and not friendly or helpful at all. Some of the nurses are good and some are not so good. But the doctor himself is excellent.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Dr. Danny Wheat's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Abilene, TX