Ratings for Dr. Howard F. Duke

My son and I arrived 30 minutes early as we usually do especially as a new patient. He was never greeted or acknowledged. Another patient was taken before him. No professional courtesy

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr Duke is wonderful. My family has Charcott Marie Tooth diease. The pain my husband has was really bad . He has helped so much. My mither in law and my husband and both daughter go to him. He is awesome and great staff. Dr Duke will say you call me at home if you need me. That don't happen with many doctors anymore. Thank you Dr Duke..

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Duke did anything but help my planters wart. He kept ranting on and on about how it would come back if he surgically removed it--did nothing to help my pain from the wart. Didn't seem to care about me or the pain I was feeling, only himself talking about random things. Uncomfortable office, staff, and doctor. Will not return.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dr. Duke's bedside manner really left something to be desired. When I asked him questions he would look at me as if he was in shock I was questioning his authority and knowledge instead of just accepting what he said without making an informed decision for myself. Also, my last visit was a simple checkup to see how my foot was healing and it took just over 3 HOURS for me to get out of that office and my initial visit took almost the same amount of time. The staff is very friendly, but overall not very helpful or knowledgeable. I would 100% not recommend going here unless you enjoy waiting in a doctor's office for an entire afternoon and not getting straight, informative answers.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I like Dr. Duke because he is direct and explains everything in detail. I needed bunion surgery. I like it that Dr. Duke has been doing this surgery for many years and so is very good at it! He did my other foot 20 years ago & it has never given me any problems, and so when I needed the other foot taken care of, of course I went back. I am now in my 6th week of recovery and things are going well. Dr. Duke insists that you contact the office every day the week following your surgery. If you don't call them, they call you! I have never felt condescended to by this doctor. Regarding punctuality, Dr. Duke takes time with people. Sometimes, those people need lots of reassurance, which Dr. Duke gives. That's why he can get behind with appointments. But, no worse than other doctors.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I have had several procedures done by Dr. Duke, and I keep going back because I'm so pleased with the results. First, I had a bunionectomy on my right foot. Then I had a tenotomy a few years later on 2 toes of my right foot. Next, I did a tenotomy on my left pinky toe, and most recently, a bunionectomy on my left foot. The staff is wonderful and Dr. Duke takes time to talk about the procedures, using pictures and diagrams if necessary. A few years ago, when my first bunionectomy was scheduled, we had a snow storm and he called me personally to see if I needed transporation (which I didn't, but it was very nice to ask!). I have also taken my 13-year old daughter to him to have tenotomies in her pinky toes, which were curling over in a painful way. She was back to dance classes within a week and very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

The staff was nice and friendly. Dr. Duke seemed very knowledgeable, but his lack of bed side manner almost made me cry, and left me unable to share information, or feel comfortable. I felt lectured for my lack of knowledge, criticized for visiting, and wanted to run out of the office. I do not doubt that he knows what he is talking about, but think that he is abrasive and rude in interacting with patients. As a new patient, this made rapport impossible.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr. Duke has been wonderful to both me and my family members. He goes out of his way to be helpful and attend to his patients' needs at all times. He urges his patients to contact him directly when necesary and he is always quick to respond. I have had 2 surgeries performed by Dr. Duke and my feet have turned out wonderfully. He has also performed surgeries on my family members and all are pleased with the care and results. Dr. Duke is very knowledgeable, and always makes me feel that I am in the best care possible.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

I am a runner and the toenail of my second toe on both feet kept falling off. It wasnt painful or anything. I went to Dr. Duke because there was a lump of calloused skin that needed to be removed so that the toenail could grow back. Dr. Duke said I neede a tenotomy to fix the issue. I felt rushed into the surgery. It seemed all he wanted to do was cut. I had no time to think about it and I felt rushed into it. One of my toes turned purple and swelled worse than the other. I was so concerned about this toe I amost went to the ER. The surgery was 9 months ago. Ever since the the bottom of my foot right below that toe has bothered me on and off. That toe and the area below it is now so painful I can barely walk. I also have not been able to bend my toe ever since the surgery. On Monday I went to another poditrist for a second opinion and was told that my ENTIRE tendon was cut and that I may never run again!! I was also told Dr. Duke should have started with stretching, NOT surgery.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

When I first consulted with Dr. Duke, I was exactly sure what my problem was other than some of my toes were painful. After examination and a couple of questions, he explained what was wrong and dicussed how to aleviate the problem. After a very painless procedure (Tenotomy) it was over and within 2 days (no pain) just slightly uncomfortable, It was remarkable and I went back the following week to have another toe done. He is attentive to your needs and listens very carefully. He explains all the needs to be dome and best of all what to expect. I highly recommend Dr. Duke

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr. Howard F. Duke's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1979)