Ratings for Dr. Soraya Radfar

I do not usually leave reviews but this doctor is guilty of psychiatric ableism. I should not have experienced such insensitive treatment, and I am very let down. :(

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I saw Dr. Soraya Radfar on Monday August 8, 2016.. She was the worst Dr. I've ever seen in my life!! When I made the appointment, I told the receptionist that I had no insurance, but had no problem paying cash because I needed my medication.. Little did the old lady receptionists tell me I needed to bring my medical records so Dr. Radfar could prescribe the medicine I needed!! I told the receptionists, I needed to get back on my ADHD medicine and she said, "oh thats fine.. She told me they actually had samples of the medication I needed at the office since I didn't have insurance.. So I go to my appt 15 min early.. Didn't wait long at all.. But my appt. was at 2;00 and there were 3 other patients in the waiting room with the same 2;00 appt. luckily I didn't have to wait long.. But then the horrible experience started!!!! She doesn't ask how your doing, because all she cares about is money!! I told Dr. Radfar what I was there for and that I'm going back to college and would like to be put back on my ADHD medicine.. ( I've been diagnosed with ADHD as a child and have tons of proof.. I was just never told to bring my records.. Which would of been very easy to do.. She told me to call my dr. That had diagnosed me with the ADHD and to have them fax my records.. Well easier said than done.. My physician needed to talk to either Dr. Radfar or her receptionists, because of all the hippo and privacy laws.. Which I completely understand.. . When I asked Radfar to talk to my physician.. She shook her head very rudely and said absolutely not!! She was the worst human I've ever met and I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to go see her.. She put me on anti depressants, that I've had in the past.. I told her they didn't work and she still wrote me a script for it.. Which I didn't even waste my time getting filled... Long story short.. I drove 45 min and paid 175 to see the biggest " you know what" in the world.. She played me.. All the receptionists had to was to tell me to bring my records!! And the dr kept calling me an alcoholoic? Which I have no problem with alcohol! I honestly think she should have her license taken away from her.. So I went to my regular physician the following morning.. And he gave me my meds.. She's a waste of time and doesn't care about you! I told her I'm barely making it through my day.. And that I don't have 4 weeks for antidepressant to kick in! So I asked her if she could give me somthing to get me by until I went to my REAL DR... She doesn't care about her patients. I hope that evil dr. Reads this review! Do not go to her dungeon, just so you can feel worse about yourself?!! Aren't pyschiatrist supposed to make you feel better? And fix your problems? She got 175 dollars for putting me down and basically calling me a liar about my ADHD.. I almost want to go back in and throw my medical records at her and say, " there ya go, you crazy Indian that can't even speak English!! Leave this evil woman alone!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr Radfar is the best Dr I have ever gone to. She is so loving and caring to her patients. I don't know where I would be today if it wasn't for her. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Since I have insurance, my copay was $40.00. I was told by the front desk that they only accept cash, and that I wouldn't be allowed to see the doctor until the copay was collected. So I gave the girl at the front desk my $40.00 copay. She did not give me any receipt, and told me to go in to see the doctor. Now I am receiving a bill claiming that I never made the copay. I want others to be aware that this could happen to them too. I do NOT believe my money was accidentally misplaced, I fully believe this was an intentional way of getting more money out of me. Whoever reads this, please keep a close eye on this doctor's business practice and see if there are any other victims of the same scam. Perhaps together we can bring the guilty parties to justice. I am not accusing the doctor herself of the theft, only her receptionist. This is a very serious allegation and I would not be writing this now if I did not feel it were important for it to be investigated. Thanks and beware.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Please ignore the previous comment. I have been seeing Dr. Radfar for almost 10 years and she is EXCELLENT with medication, which is REALLY rare among psychiatrists and doctors in general, from my experience. True, she does not have the warmest "bedside manner" but that is something you have to get past. If you go to your appointment knowing what to expect, you won't be surprised or disappointed. She is truly helpful and knowledgeable, and beneath the exterior, truly cares about her patient. She just gives it to you straight, and you have to be able to handle it or out you go.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

this "doctor" was awful. the staff called me by the wrong name, and was EXTREMELY rude when i told her my real name. the "doctor" ignored me while i was trying to confide in her about my depression, answering calls and playing around on her iPad. she put me on medication that i told her i had been on before, with horrible results, even though i told her the meds didn't work for me. she continually interrupted me with irrelevant "conversation" and told me it "was a shame that i have a family knowing that i have bipolar" and told me she was sorry for our children having us as parents. she told me that people with bipolar shouldn't have families. DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THIS FRAUD, SHE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING, NOR DOES SHE UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS THAT COME WITH PSYCHIATRIC ISSUES.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

Dr. Soraya Radfar's Credentials

• Isfahan Univ, Fac Of Med, Isfahan, Iran (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med