Ratings for Dr. James C. Strickland

Four weeks following a total knee replacement Dr. Strickland gave approval for me use the YMCA pool for water therapy. Four days later my physical therapist noted and expressed concern over the red streaks that had begun to radiate from the incision. She had me call Dr. Strickland's office while I was in therapy. I called and had to leave a message. Dr's phone nurse called back several hours later telling me I would have to wait 5 days for appointment. She said to add ibuprofen to the pain meds I was already taking. Because my PT was so concerned, I went to my internist. He immediately started an antibiotic for infection. Dr. Strickland saw me one week later and prescribed another 10 days of a sulfa drug. Within a week I experienced a high fever and became very ill. Strickland's office did not respond to the message I left that day. So again my husband took me to our internist who acted immediately, admitting me to hospital. Diagnosis was a life threatened systemic reaction to sulfa.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Dr. James C. Strickland's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Centene