Ratings for Dr. Robert Porter

Dr Bob is a genius. He has been most helpful with teaching me about addiction and truths. He assisted me and my children as well! Dr bob is brilliant in everyway about parenting. I was going through divorce and his recommendations to me were effective and life saving especially since I was dealing with an addict. Dr bob taught me about myself and how to be mindful and learn how to listen to myself and be discerning as well as healthy etc... I am most grateful to have had him for support during the most difficult timesof my life and children's lives. His advice was very important and played out well for me now that I can reflect back on the nearly two years of counseling I got from him....thank you dr bob porter!!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Porter has been ecceptionally.in ushering my daughter from trauma.to adolescence. She always felt better with each session. As a family therapist he helped me with our family dynamic. i am forever grateful for his insights.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

After consuming a great deal of time talking about himself and seemingly stroking his own ego about his career up to current day, he struck me as arrogant and overblown about himself and not helpful at all. Plus, his Oak Avenue office was very untidy, cramped and unprofessional. And he was not very friendly but rather seemed to prefer to be intimidating.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Dr. Bob has been an integral part of our lives. He has helped several students that I've taught as well as my own child. In each instance he worked miracles. Since our initial set of sessions a few years ago, my daughter still requests to see him about once a year to talk. In her words, 'Dr. Bob helps me not be afraid of things.' He gave very helpful strategies for dealing with her tantrums, sleep habits, fears, and anxiety in new situations. My family is extremely thankful.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Dr. Bob is far more overblown ego than decent therapy. Not once did he ever address several issues I repeatedly brought up. Generally, my impression - waste of money and not a very nice person.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Worst physcologist I've ever paid. No concern for patient well being at all!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Dr. Robert Porter's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)