Ratings for Dr. Gregory K. Whitaker

Left myself and four other patients to almost die from withdrawals from the medications he had us on. He did not even care to refer us to another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Let many patients with no notice. He had many on several narcotics when we just closed his doors leaving those patients to endure withdrawals and still won't release any patients medical records. He doesn't care about his patients now that he has shut down his office.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I love Dr Whitaker. he has been my gyn since I was 20 years old. I feel like the Lord works through him. He always is so nice he greets you with a hug. He listens to you and he has an answer. He properly diagnosed me when other doctors could not figure out is going on with me for years. He is a genius and God send to me.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

The doctor is great and also the staff. The only thing you have to take off work or call in late because you will be waiting forever. I do feel that Dr. Whitaker could be more respectful of your time. With that being said on the other hand he is very God fearing,and educated in his field,so I just wait until he decides to show up to work.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I am beyond irritated with this doctor's office I have been calling everyday to get an appointment and I get told I will get a call back and no one ever calls me back not to mention the office closes everyday early ... Its really inconvenient. I have about had it with this place and the way they do things this is not the doctor Whitaker I remember 4 yrs ago get your family out of the office and get someone in there who can do the darn job!!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Whit a while, 1988 or '89. I first met him when I needed a 2nd opinion. Then I went to see him as my own doctor. His first staff was like family. I would visit them if I was in the neighborhood or had time to kill. The next staff was nice in the office but not outside the office. I don't know about his staff now; I haven't visited him. But they have all been very nice every time I called. I wasn't able to keep my last appointment because of a traumatic event in my family. But I'm going to call again and make another appoin tment for asap. He has Always spent a long time with all his patients & we must wait for our turn, as long as we aren't sick, in my experience. But we all get the same quality @ all his visits. I have loved him since my 1st visit. I even sent my best friend to see him when she had a problem, and she also loves him. He's a wonderful doctor and knows his stuff. I'm Very proud to be his patient & his wife Tammy is down to earth & very nice too.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

finally someone that will listen to me... someone that cares & will want to i repeat WAnT to help u.. he has a love for his patients like no other... anyone trying to conceive should find this man...there is no other dr like him... freakin awesome!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

They say the staff makes the first impression.Its a real shame that the people who work up front-with the public,make the doctor look shameful.That hurts.You chose public relations-therefore,deal with the public properly. Due to lack of bed side manner from previous staff-I have never met a man as thoughtful and caring as dr whitaker.His lack of days off-lack of sleep doesn't get to him like most people because his main concern is you.And sure he is overwhelmed with patients.You wanna know why?Because he cannot tell anyone no.Its not in his heart.Every patient he takes his time with. But know when he gets to you-your given the same opprotunity and kindness as the others.Its up to the staff to lead the doctor where they should go.Help to make them aware of what s to come.Its a true team effort.If your team sucks:then that makes you look bad. Doctors need guidance like any other person.If there's no co-pilot,your screwd.Its like they say-good help is hard to find. I love you !Very,very proud of you ! -BLT:)

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Dr. Whitaker is a very nice man but I think he is overwhelmed by the amount of patients he has. Everytime I have an appointment I wait for hours, no less than 3 hours to be seen, once it was 5 hours & then the reason I'm there is still not addressed. I'm a first time pregnant mother & I don't feel like I'm getting the best care. I also had an issue with getting some prescriptions filled correctly. I've had 4 Appts. There & things from my first appt have never been done, they keep rescheduling after I wait hours to be seen. I've been left on an examination table for 5 hours & never got examined. I feel the care I've gotten there has been bad & I had no choice but to changes drs. I feel the staff could've came in my room to say That's he's running behind or had to leave to deliver a baby but I was left there more than once for hours with no sight of staff. Maybe they should cut down on the amount of patients they take in so they can care for the one's they have properly.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Wife cussed me out in the parking lot. Called me a drug head in front of staff and patients. All I wanted was medical transcripts and gave me three sheets of blank paper with scribble for two years. Mind you I was a patient for 10 yrs. But as soon as my insurance dropped, well so was I. After he put me on class 4 meds. Rhsnks!!! Staff is the worst. I can honestly say I've never been treated so unfairly. I've never left a business of any kind feeling as bad as I did with him, his wife???, and his ridiculous staff.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Gregory K. Whitaker's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Kaiser-Permanente