Ratings for Dr. Christina E. Gutierrez

I had two appointments with Dr. Gutierrez in consult for a tubal ligation. I am a 28 female, married, with no children and no desire to have any. The first appointment she suggested my husband have a vasectomy, as if he knows his own mind better and wouldn't regret it. The second appointment was after she talked to my therapist and reluctantly agreed to the surgery. The day of surgery I was scheduled to arrive at 7:30 and have surgery at 9:30. There was an issue with billing and that delayed my admittance. Dr. Guttierrez said at 8 am that since I wasn't admitted she wasn't waiting and tried to cancel my surgery. I was told that she was "too busy and already leaving." Once I cleared up the issue with my insurance, I told the hospital that I was keeping my 9:30 surgery and she needed to get back there since the delay was their fault. At 8:30 the surgery was back on and I was rushed through. The ONLY thing Dr. Gutierrez said to me as I was being stuck with an IV was "I don't agree with this surgery. I think you are making the biggest mistake of your life, but if you're so set I guess we'll continue." What the hell? How am I supposed to respond to that? How am I supposed to feel when this is mere moments from being cut into. I got my surgery and for that I am very happy, but this is the rudest doctor I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

very rude & doenst help you feel comfortable dont recommend this dr.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I feel like dr. Gutierrez is more understanding with some patients then others. When I was pregnant with my first child, she was always giving me a ear full but my baby was born at 29 weeks so of course she had to be. I've been going to her since I was 16 I trust her I feel like she's a really knowledgable doctor but that's my opinion.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr. Gutierrez is extremely rude, not compassionate nor understanding toward her pregnant patients. I had a horrible experience actually, 2 bad experiences with her and after today I will NEVER go back. I am 5 months along and my last apt I expressed our interest in wanting to find out the gender before the holidays. This is my first and my husband and our whole family is very excited. She then told me her sonographer was on leave till after Xmas Eve. She recommended a radiology center that could do my sonogram. I asked if they were expensive and she said you can call if they are we can schedule one with our office. At no point did she explain the importance of my needing an ultrasound immediately. Radiology center was too expensive and insurance did not cover so I went to a center that does 3d sonograms, but had a regular 2d done to find out the gender. I went back today to the doctor and she asked if i had an ultrasound. And I explained to her that I did not go through the radiology center, and told her where I went, before I could finish she interrupted me and said "oh so you basically didn't get an ultrasound. All you got were pictures and found out if it's a boy or girl" then goes on to say "those places are useless" Mind you it was her sonographer that recommended the center I went to in the first place. She then tells me "I don't care what you're having, if you have a boy or a girl. I just care about your babies health" insinuating that I don't care for the same thing. Of course I do. She was scolding me like I was her child telling me I should have called her to tell her I didn't get an "accurate ultrasound" How am I supposed to know it wasn't an "approved ultrasound" to her liking? This is my first child and I'm not the doctor, she is. She never expressed to me that it was imperative to get an ultrasound through her office right away. She made me feel horrible and I left her office in tears. She shouldn't treat her patients this way. And after all that scolding she wasn't going to have me come in for another ultrasound till 4weeks later. If it's that important why schedule me a month later? I know she caters to a lot of young patients on Medicaid and probably feels she can talk to anyone a certain way. I am a patient that pays a lot of money to my insurance. No matter who her patients are, no one should be treated this way. I've never been talked down to that way by any doctor. After this I will not go back. She as a woman, should know how sensitive and Hormonal pregnant women are. She needs to be more compassionate and understanding and she is not. Do yourself a favor and do not see her. She's so rude and is probably in it only for her paycheck. No respect for her.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Best Dr ever! I recommend her to the fullest! My whole pregnancy she was awesome always helped me with any questions I had very down to earth! Never had a problem with, she also delivered my son and made it pretty damn easy! Got me induced broke my water and bam he was out. I would go to her any day!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Dr Gutierrez is awesome! My whole family sees her and everyone I have recommended loves her. I don't understand all the negative comments on here. She is truthful, knowledgable and personable. I am now pregnant and she is great!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

She is my doctor right now and I think she's pretty awesome! She's very down to earth non judge mental and very kind. I've be seeing her since my miscarriage this past nov and now that I'm 18 weeks, she didn't have a problem with me getting pregnant so fast after the miscarriage. She understands me and what I've been going thru with any little problems. I haven't had no problem with her and I would recommend her to anybody. She's great!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Wow this lady is extremely rude! I only went to her because i didn't want a male doctor and the clinic i went to recommended her. I was told my appt was scheduled for 215pm but was told it want till 245pm. When i finally got to see Dr Gutierrez, she began by telling me that i was too far along for her liking, and if she had known how far along i was she would not have accepted me as a patient! She then insulted me by saying you must be diabetic because your blood sugar is high. She then measured my stomach and checked my Babys heartbeat, she said that baby is real active..probably because your sugar is sooooo high. When was your last period, i told her and she said it couldn't have been because your stomach is measuring your farther along. I explained that I'm a twin and have been pregnant with twins before so maybe i could be having twins she said maybe gave me a paper told me to go to the front desk to make my next appt, she said all this while she walking out the door. TOO RUDE

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

I took my teen daughter to this so called doctor because I thought that because she is a woman she would be understanding, NO she was not, first thing she told my daughter was to answer her own questions because I her mother did not get pregnant she did, I should have stoped it right there and asked to see another doctor. She refused to put my four foot 9 in little (baby was 7lbs 12 oz and 21 in long) girl on bed rest even though she knew that before the pregnancy my daughter had a severe back injury and due to the baby's weight size was in alot of pain!!! this b@&*!^ wanted my daughter to go to school and walk from class to class till the last minute. I will never recommend her to anyone. DO NOT GO TO THIS QUACK!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

I was seen another doctor for my pregnancy but didn't want to go all out to have my baby to stone oak so I picked dr gutierrez ugh bad choice at first she was nice and I thought I made a good decision yeah right towards the last trimmester I got sick with cold/allergies and I was very miserable I lost weight and she didn't seem concerned I started having anxiety attacks because I was not able to breath and I was almost calling every other day all I wanted was some caring dr support well guess what I never got it, she schedule me for a c section due to uterus surgery in a previous year well I'm suffering after surgery with a pinched nerve and a spinal headache I've had for a week now I'm miserable once again and she don't care all she wants is the insurance money oh and by the way she didn't even cut my tubes after a conversation we had a week before c section she brought it up and she refused to do it on the day of surgery I will never ever go back to her careless ways she made my pregnancy experience a living hell...

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

Dr. Christina E. Gutierrez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1998)