Ratings for Dr. Monte Bernhagen

This doctor made several serious prescribing mistakes, one of which would have killed me if the pharmacy hadn't caught the conflict between the prescribed medication and another health condition. The worst part of that incident was I had heard of that conflict before and asked Bernhagen three times as he wrote out the prescription if he was sure I could take it, having this other condition. He asked me to trust him. I did. My pharmacy didn't, nor did the doctor managing this other condition, who called and chewed Bernhagen out (Bernhagen had the audacity to attempt to argue with the specialist in my other condition, and he never did apologize to me for putting my life at risk - despite the fact that when a compromise was made allowing me to try a much lower dose of that same medication, I nearly ended up in the hospital). Bernhagen also made other very serious mistakes, like encouraging me to remain on a drug that caused me to develop Tardive Dyskinesia a year after he diagnosed the TD. These were just a few of the mistakes he made during the couple years I was naive enough to continue seeing him (despite urgings from other specialists that I find another psychiatrist, for my own safety). Monte Bernhagen should not be allowed a prescription pad. To anyone seeing him, be careful! Double check every decision he makes. Your safety may well depend on it.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Monte Bernhagen's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Neighborhood Health Partnership