Ratings for Dr. William W. Mitcherling

Just had a tooth extraction by Dr W Mitcherling, he has good recommendations if you look around however my experience was horrible. I firmly stated that I was not completely numb, he gave me another shot, I firmly stated again I was not completely numb, he stated don't worry I'm just taking the crown off, I stated again I'm not numb, he proceed to start to pull the tooth, I stated as best as I could STOP many times, raised my hand, tears, clenching arm rest, while he proceeded to tell me it's just pressure. I just experience a tooth extraction with no numbing, my cheek was numb that's it. He did not listen, he did don't respect my basic human rights - not sure if they have patient rights if they do they don't abide them. He was also very forgetful, asking same questions over and over. The assistant did nothing to advocate for me and what I was experiencing. I'm filing a state complaint also. No patient should have to have this experience in modern times

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

His staff is very unprofessional I actually had his employee stand there and go back and forth arguing with me the PATIENT!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

His calm and authoritative manner immediately put me at ease. He listened to me very carefully and made sure all my questions were answered to my satisfaction. He removed three rotting wisdom teeth with virtually no pain, and I healed quickly with no complications. I would recommend Dr. Mitcherling to anyone who needs oral surgery.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

I waited 15-30 minutes on each of my 2 appointments. While Dr. Mitcherling is very pleasant and has a great chair-side manner, his receptionist acts like you are bothering her. The office furniture and equipment shows a lot of wear and tear. This is an old looking office. At my 1st appt the Dr. made the procedure seem simple and easy. When I had the surgery I was surprised he gave novacaine without 1st numbing the area. Afterward, pain was minimal, but I am left with numbness on part of my lip and now realize he didn't explain side effects. When I asked (after the fact) I was told this will probably wear off after a month, it's been 3 wks so far. I would have liked to know ahead of time as I probably would not have had the surgery. Surgery was to remove a small spot that had less than 1% chance of being cancerous.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

I had a wonderful experience with this Oral Surgeon . He made me comfortable and was an expert in treating my problem . He is the best !

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

Dr Mitcherling was one of the best surgeons that I have met . He was very informed and answered all my questions . He has excellent bedside manner. I have recomended him to family members .

flag | Submitted December 25, 2012