Ratings for Dr. Douglas H. Mackay

I had my worse prenatal appointment at 20 weeks pregnant. this Doctor did not listen to my symptoms i was having that actually sent me to the ER 3 days ago. He didnt ask me about the pain I was having and kept cutting me off. He ended up basically saying the ER doctor was wrong for saying it was round ligament pain and he thought it was my ribs! How did he know if he never heard the description of my pain. He was a total Jerk and very unprofessional that my husband and I are considering switching practices. he was also extremely rude to the super nice receptionist that was asking him questions about my next appointment. it seemed like he doesnt like to work with women at all which is ironic. awful experience. I file a complaint on the medical board because of other reasons too.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

very dedicated to his patients. very caring . personable

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

very personable and knowledgeable !!!! Always tries to answer all questions and gives you the time if you need it.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

He is the best Obgyn I've ever had! I feel like he really listened to me and I trust him. A gentle examiner. He delivered my first baby and I am returning to his practice for my second.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Arrogant prick I was having contractions for 12 hours straight 2 min apart and he comes in and says oh those aren't real they are Braxton hicks but if he was even the slightest bit intelligent he'd know Braxton hicks aren't constant and 2-3 min apart for a min 30 sec duration

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

My husband and I both love Dr.MacKay. He delivered our daughter, and while I was initially hoping to have one of the female doctors, we are both so grateful that it ended up being him. It was a rough delivery on both me and the little one, and he was so patient, kind, and encouraging throughout the whole ordeal. At my exam with him as well as the follow up, he really took his time to answer our questions and make sure we were at ease with what was going on! I would certainly recommend him to others, and he quickly became our favorite in the practice.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

What a horrible doctor! So condescending! I initially saw him for a prenatal appointment - I was 20 weeks and he seemed a little fake but nice overall. However, I called the emergency line when he was on-call because I was having unbelievable pain around my c-section scar. He sent me to the hospital and was the doctor there when I got there. He was in the room with me for all of 2 minutes, clearly didn't listen to what I was saying and told me that the horrible pain that I was experiencing was round-ligament pain and was normal. This is my 3rd pregnancy & I knew it wasn't that, especially since I had a hernia w/ my son. I continued to be in pain and asked again at my next appointment, where the doctor actually listened and it did in fact turn out to be another hernia! He brushed me off so quick and although nothing could be done about it until birth, it WAS more than "normal round ligament pain".

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr. Douglas H. Mackay's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Kaiser-Permanente