Ratings for Dr. John P. Huff

Staff is a TRAINWRECK! Would love to comment on Dr. Huff, but I've not had the chance to meet him. Waited 3 months for an appointment. Showed up early (30 min) as requested although I mentioned I had the paperwork completed. NOT 1 single patient in the reception area or treatment rooms. After waiting an additional hour. I was told they (staff) had no idea how long it might be. NOT a sole around, anywhere. Terrible.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I like Dr. Huff. He does spend time with his patients, so expect to wait. You'll get to spend time with him, too. The staff is a disaster, however.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I stopped seing Dr. Huff 3 yrs ago, because he missed too many lab results. I had to get copies to see what he was missing...very low vitamin D levels, protein in the urine, etc. he owns the lab, so runs the tests, but then does not look at them. He is a very sweet man, but belongs in counseling instead of medicine. He is great at letting you talk and making you feel good about yourself, but we need someone to stay on top of the diagnostics as well.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

I started seeing Dr. Huff when he first came to San Antonio at the other office as my Internal Medicine Dr. I have been with him every since. He has saved my life serveral times, as I have Lupus and has been battling with cancer for many years. He has the patience of Job. He is very caring and I would not change or have him change anything he is doing. He does not rush and spends all the time needed even if its just to listen to you vent after your exam. I was once told by a doctor that I wanted the service of a rolls royce with a vw insurance because I wanted him to consult with me before the exam and he was very rushed and I have been totally spoiled by Dr. Huff taking so much time with me. I don't mind waiting because I know he does not rush with any of his patients.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Staff is disorganized and not professional. Waiting time to complete appointment is 3-4 hours.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. Huff has saved my life. He is the most caring and understanding doctor to work with. His knowledge with autoimmune disease is extensive. Dr. Huff understands how drugs interact with autoimmune disease and has been willing to work with me a very stubborn patient with a plan of treatment for my Lupus. Dr. Huff treats the whole patient which is important when dealing with a chronic illness.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr.Huff is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. The reason he is not punctual is because he takes time with each of his patients, you don't feel rushed in his office and he doesn't stick to the 10 min. per patient that most doctors do, so his punctuality should not count against him. I think he is the best in his field in San Antonio.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2009

Dr. John Huff diagnosed my daughter's vague symptoms when no one else could. After treatment, she was restored to her normal life, which in turn, changed all of our lives. He is so intelligent, but has the gift of being able to explain things at our level. Dr. Huff is also so genuinely caring and empathetic. He could always do something to help in each situation, where other drs. would ignore or pass over what you say. Dr. Huff is an answer to prayer and the most wonderful doctor any patient could have the good providence of seeing.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. John P. Huff's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1983)

UPMC