Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Purtzer

Anyone that goes and see this doctor. Please please be careful. For year I prayed that he could never be able to hurt anyone else. I though that my prayers were answered. When I fould out that he couldn't ever practice in Oregon. I didn't know that he could run to another state.. if you have any real question ask him What happened to Shawn Prince 1998.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Thomas Purtzer has unfortunately been singled out in the present war over the prescription of opiates to treat chronic pain. While there is undoubtedly a segment of abuse taking place there is really no need to vilify a doctor who has a broad history of effective help when it comes to something that's become an unfortunate and misunderstood topic of debate. For those of us who have responsibly been treated and who may have effectively benefited from his help this may be a very regrettable period within the medical community itself. I worry that the present understanding of respectable, cautious and effective medical intervention is at risk here. Lets all hope that sensibilities change and effective pain management continues to use whatever might work best for each individual. Without the need for the current witch hunt.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Despicable....every single one of them who worked at this office. All of them should be in jail.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I'm a 40 yr old man. Somehow I made it through life with zero enemies and there is nobody on earth I can say I actually hate. As of now, I'm on the vurge of hatred Since meeting Dr. Purtzer I've been introduced to greed, arrogance, deception, and the highest level of selfishness I've ever encountered . I had a hard time telling him anymore about myself the day he started telling me about the patient he saw right before and I knew he had confidentiality issues as well. I Know I wouldnt believe any of this if didnt live it , especially coming to terms with this self proclaimed man of god being an absolute crook. It takes a lot to make me feel such negativity about another human being but he did it. It had been 6yrs since I felt a tear coming on but he did it my last appointment. e got me upset enough to cry. Made me really hate myself because of my disability, actually yelling and cussing at me. That was the last time I saw him and clearly he had other issues. That would be everything if it wasn't for his staff, or wife Regina whom never fails to upset me one way or another from false assumptions or just making me like I'm at the police interrogation.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I lost my adult independence due to extreme pain, and for several years my mother drove me all over southern Oregon paying for my visits to new doctors, who wouldn't then treat me because of my complicated health issues; fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression,bi-polar disorder(which was treated elsewhere). Finally we found Dr. Purtzer and he very sternly began treating my pain and fatigue syndrone and has made it possible for me to resume a normal life, after being bedridden for several years, and I had lost my husband, my job, and my home, because of the extreme pain! Dr. Purtzer is very strict, and monitors my meds very closely, requiring regularly scheduled visits and urine analysis, and he always counts my pills and tries to find natural suppliments , not just Rx's. For 6 yrs. now he has treated me.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

This doctor operates out of greed and it is sick to see them use jesus christ" and there "faith" as a front. I went to Purtzer or "Perctzer" as me and my friends called him. Anyways long story short, avrg wait time of 35min-1hr , rediculous high cash co-pays, and they bill your insurance for things they never even did (made up) . I would see alot of b.s charges and billing codes, billed to my insurance company at least $200-600 each visit witch was essentially a pee test and the doctor telling me to "go to church" or "read a book". If you want pain meds to sell or abuse than Perkzer is the right doctor. If your serious about recovery or pain management do not goto him. He had his certifications removed about 3 years ago if i am correct.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dont ever go to this office! The front office person (I cant call her lady ) is so rude and money hungry that will do anything to charge you more money that you should pay. There is no way that you can have a civilized discussion, she acts like she is God. She charged me twice for an appointment that she said I missed when, in fact I was out of country, the doctor new but didnt do anything. Now i moved to a different state and my new doctor asked her to fax my medical records she didnt want to send them because i have " a balance " to pay. She kept my prescription that her husband prescribed me because my husband had a balance. We paid everything but she ads this charges for whatever she can. Not a good place to receive medical care.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Purtzer is a rip off and doesnt listen to his patients. Office staff is rude and crude, also very long office vists. I really hope that they can get it straight.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I began to see this doctor about 5 years ago. When it was just him and not his receptionist/wife running the show and I must say, I got excellent care at that time. Then his receptionist/wife came into the picture and it was all downhill from there. They don't take insurance and you have to pay upfront for everything and I mean EVERYTHING. I think if she has to pick up her pen and write something down you would get charged for it. She doesn't know how to correctly bill the insurance and blames them. You have lab tests every visit and charges you and insurance, PLUS twice there was an outside lab billed on the insurance, so in essence, it's double billed to insurance, once for them and once for the REAL lab tester. I think the insurance companies should be investigating.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Thomas J. Purtzer's Credentials

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201 (Grad. 1979)

Healthlink