Ratings for Dr. Neil T. Carstens

When it was obvious I needed to see an orthopedic surgery, I knew the first two weren't for me. Dr. Carstens was new to me. I'm so glad he's here! Just like everyone else, I think he's a very special person. My surgery went so well, even though I didn't/couldn't do what he said. I apologized and he accepted that I did what I had to do. I started PT and am now finished with it and unless I do something stupid, am pain free! I never would have had the surgery (rotator cuff) if it hadn't been Dr. Carstens operating. I'd heard too many horror stories. I trusted him and am so glad! He's a wonderful doctor and a truly wonderful and kind person. The office staff is just as efficient and kind as he is. I'd recommend (and have) him to family and friends. You won't find a better orthopedic surgeon or better person.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Dr. Carstens is EXTREMELY personable, patient, and knowledgeable. I had to have 2 surgeries, both went smoothly, and Dr. Carsten's was there to answer any and all questions from myself, as well as my family. In addition, he took the time to pray with me before both surgeries, which definitely put me at ease! His staff is equally courteous, friendly, and accommodating!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

He is an awesome, friendly and knowledgeable Dr. I would recommend him to anyone ! Staff is great as well. !

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

After hearing so many horror stories from friends about their experience with knee surgery, we were a little apprehensive about my husband's surgery. But, we knew it had to be done and we had no choice. We would never have imagined what a wonderful experience it would turn out to be. Dr. Carstens is amazing! Very gentle and positive. And when he asked if we could pray before the surgery, my husband and I were shocked and so pleased. We will refer him to ANYONE who is going through what Charles went through. The entire staff is professional and so friendly & helpful. We have NO complaints or negative comments. We are so grateful we have such a wonderful facility so close to home.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Was never anything but VERY pleased with the care I rec'd. Justin and Anne provided comfort by being as silly as me. Jeaneen(sp?)Scheduled me well even with my crazy work schedule. Dr. Carstens. . . Hands with the healer's touch. Prayers with him brought the knowledge of safety and peace from the Lord before surgery.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

The whole team does a fantastic job, Unfortunately I have had to see them twice in one year. I would highly recommend them for any work you need done!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Dr. Neil T. Carstens's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

• BCBS Illinois