Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mitchell R. Waskin

The lower ratings are primarily for the staff, although Dr. Waskin did leave me waiting 45 minutes for my early-morning appointment. Upon entering the waiting area, no one was at the desk and the waiting area was empty. My visit was for a toe fracture which had already been diagnosed by my PCP who suggested I get an opinion about treatment from Dr. Waskin. Dr. Waskin seemed knowledgeable and gave a quick and clear opinion about my injury. Upon receiving a bill that appeared to have been improperly coded because of the amounts and language on both my EOB and the doctor's statement, I tried for six months to get a straight answer about what I was being charged for. I made numerous phone calls to two different offices and finally reached the Patient Advocate who explained the charges (although I still disagree with, at least it's explained). The statements made to me by their billing personnel sounded like upcoding and overbilling which led me to investigate. Dr. Waskin may be a great podiatrist but I'll never know first hand after my experience with his office staff. New patients, beware if you are insured by a high deductible plan. A 5 minute office visit will cost more than you would ever guess.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

Very Professional,and very minimal pain on toe nail removal! Best experience I’ve had at a Podiatrist office! Great bedside manner and told me every step of the way what was about to happen.. Wish I had gone to him first time around!! Will continue to go to that Office and keep Dr.Waskin as my Podiatrist!! Thank you for my positive experience at your office today! Would highly recommended Dr.Waskin to others in need of a Podiatrist... M.Wright

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Dr. Waskin is pretty cool. Always gives a teaching and learning moment to me about my feet. He destroys the lies out there about these tv commerials that only want your money.Your feet are important. they connect you to the earth. Take care of them.... Thats so cool. See ya next year....

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Dr. Waskin is a great podiatrist and did an excellent job on my procedure! My post-op went well and I wouldn't go to any one else.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr. Mitchell R. Waskin's response
We are so glad you were pleased with your experience, and appreciate your kind words and review of our practice. Please let us know if you should ever have any questions about your ongoing foot care.

Submitted September 26, 2015

I was suffering from excruciating pain in my 4th toe. Dr. Wasson diagnosed a pinched nerve in my foot and had orthotics designed and prescribed a stretching regimen. One month later, no pain! The staff was great and Dr. Watson was early for each appointment. I highly recommend him and this center.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Mitchell R. Waskin's response
Thanks so much for your review — we appreciate your kind words, and appreciate the trust you put in our practice for your foot care. Please let us know if we can ever be of service in the future.

Submitted August 29, 2015

I injured my right foot while working out - the injury was Plantar Fasciitis. I tried for several months [on my own] to deal with this injury but nothing worked, in fact the condition was getting worse with more pain. This injury was impacting my daily routine and I found myself sitting around to avoid the pain in my heel. After several months of agony I set up an appointment with Dr. Waskin, based on a recommendation from a friend. Best decision I could have made - I now regret waiting so long as the treatment was quick, painless and I'm completely healed of the Plantar Fasciitis issue. The solution was simple in that Dr. Waskin prescribed shoe inserts [for both feet] due to my foot mechanics. The inserts were set up and fitted [plaster casts] right there on sight then on a return visit the inserts were ready. We discussed the inserts and I simply slipped the inserts into my shoes. The inserts are great and very comfortable. I'm completely good to go and back on my work out schedule again. Thank you Dr. Waskin [and Sarah who fitted me with the shoe inserts]!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Mitchell R. Waskin's response
We're happy that you are pleased with the inserts, and we appreciate your kind review. Please let us know if you should ever have any questions about your foot care.

Submitted February 18, 2015

Although Dr. Frost performed my surgery two weeks ago, I saw Dr. Waskin for my first two post-op visits, so I consider myself lucky to have gotten to know both of them. From the very first minute Dr. Waskin entered the room, it was obvious that he is totally excellent at what he does. He, Dr. Frost, and all their staff are wonderful--friendly, efficient, competent, and up-to-date on cutting edge techniques. After the absolutely horrible experience I had before with another provider (which caused me to cancel scheduled surgery), I consider myself very fortunate to have been led to The Foot and Ankle Center, because I am absolutely certain that I received and am still receiving the best care possible. On a scale of 1-5, they are definitely a 10!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Dr. Mitchell R. Waskin's response
Thank you for your kind words and review, so glad we were able to help!

Submitted November 23, 2014

I was very pleased with the service I received on my first visit to see Dr. Waskins. He was really accommodating due to the long travel I had to come and see him and started my treatment that day! Doug was great too! I have hope for clear and healthy nails in the future!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

Dr. Waskin and his team at The Foot and Ankle Center are the best you are going to find in Richmond, VA. I had dealt with toe nail fungus for years, and although I was eager to resolve the issue, I was apprehensive about seeking help because of embarrassment. I was pleasantly surprised to find not only a knowledgeable staff but also one that went out of their way to make me feel comfortable during every appointment. My treatment has gone well and I am absolutely satisfied with my experiences at The Foot and Ankle Center. If you are in need of a foot doctor, look no further than Dr. Waskin. After your visit, I promise you will be writing a review equally as glowing as mine of your own experience.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

I met with four doctors during the past two years and selected Dr. Waskin to remove my bunion and straighten four toes. I selected him because of his knowledge of cutting edge surgery techniques, experience in the operating room, professionalism, focus on pain management, care of the patient and efficient staff. I had a very pleasant operation experience with no pain. I am having a speedy recovery. I am very grateful to Dr. Waskin and his staff for all of their focus and attention to my needs. I highly recommend Dr. Waskin and his staff.

Submitted November 5, 2013

Dr. Mitchell R. Waskin's Credentials

Dr. Waskin was born in Philadelphia and attended college at Albright College and Temple University . He received his doctorate in Podiatric Medicine in 1983 from the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine. During his senior year of medical school he received the American College of Podopediatrics Award for Outstanding Achievement. Dr. Waskin continued his training at Metropolitan Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where he completed a surgical residency in foot and ankle surgery. He continued his post graduate education by receiving training in Laser Surgery, Foot & Ankle Arthroscopy, Rigid Internal Fixation and Cryosurgery. In 1988 he received a Virginia Podiatric Medical Association Service Award. Dr. Waskin was board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery in 1995 and re-certified in 2004. He was selected to sit on multiple peer review committees for the State of Virginia and professional societies. He has been involved in developing criteria for credentialing foot surgeons at several Virginia hospitals. A past president of the Richmond Academy of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Waskin has lectured to doctors on a variety of topics and is published in the Journal of Foot Surgery. He is affiliated with CJW Medical Center (Chippenham and Johnston-Willis Medical Centers). Dr. Waskin's specialties include podiatry, podiatric surgery, bunion treatment, heel pain, diabetic foot care, laser treatment of toenail fungus , wound healing, medical-grade nail care and custom orthotics.

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)

AHC