Ratings for Dr. Ronen Gold

WORSE EXPERIENCE EVER! I was referred to Dr Ronen Gold only because know one the previous surgeon usually works with was able to see me yesterday as an emergency visit they were fully Booked! They came across Dr Gold mind you they NEVER worked with him before ask if he can see me right away I was dealing with an infected 3 yr old crown also with an abscess for 7 days so a day later could not wait. Me my husband and daughter go into his office mind you the weather yesterday on May 30, 2017 it was raining. We came in with hoodies, I had tims on they were judging us from the very beginning . We felt the bad vibe once we came into there office in westfield. No hello ,how you feeling paper was giving "I need you to fill out all 4 pages".ok I wanted to turn around right there mu husband is lookin at me bascially saying" we have no chiice u cant wait another day with this infection in your mouth". So I continue with the paperwork our insurance covers 100 percent they come to da us and say " sorry you have to pay $320 " we replied " what for our insurance covers everything". So they want to bumble under there breath start calling our insurance the ITCH assistant calls my name so I can go in the back but im still tryin to figure out why they trying to charge us that much she comes out and says" because thats what the surgeon charges " I looked at her I wanted to go ghetto on her but Im in westfield NJ area! nobody was even talkin to her your just an assistant in the back, you have nothing to do in the front office. So why that is being takin care of I go to the back with the itch very unprofessional a stink additude shetells me to" remove my earrings " with an additude for a specific x-ray I needed done.. Dr Gold come in "What bring you in!" My husband explain to him he replies " k so you want the tooth out?" Wut ! Arent you the oral surgeon here you tell me whats the best oredeal here..ughh thre all this I had to keep my composure again Ive been in this pain for 7days and there is know one that can help me today ok so moving forward he replies" the assistant will get you readybin the next room". Ok no detail explanation nothing..I work in the medical field for 18 yrs now I work with Dialysis patients for these patients for 18 yrs what I do is a big deal . So Im a patient in his office and im not all satisfied or being treated fairly. Now Im in the surgery room I expalin to him" I need you to put more then usual for the numbness because it usuakly doesnt take they always have to put more he replies" everyone feels rhere tooth being pulled". End of converstaion he tells me"open your mouth" stick the needle in to numb the area im squirming at this point his itch assistant says "I need you not to move ". Now Im crying pissed at the same time he walks out 3-5 mins later he says " is your chin numb"? I replied yes he says "what aboit your tooth"? I replied "I dont feel my tooth "he said good!" "Open up". Went in there no warning didnt talk me thru it or what to expect I felt when he pulled my tooth im yellin "I feel it Ifeel It!!! "Hes like I have your tooth" he kept going didnt stop his itch assistant grab my chin nd face witha grip " and says I need you not to move witha stern voice" I scream at her " it uckin hurts! he was done im sobbing now cant believe I was treated like that I was so pissed and angry I was treated like a low class citizen like I was nothing I felt racism when we walk in the office originally...after her was done he says "continue taking the mediaction you are on take the gauze out at 6pm put a new one in". and walked out his assistand handed me some gauze for my mouth Im walkin out at the same I open that dammn door so loud and told my husband with gauze in my mouth "LETS GO !" Hes like "Whats wrong"? I say loudly "They were uckin ruff!!!!! Im outside now he in there flippin at them" WTF is wrong with my wife" .. I say this DNT EVER GO TO DR Ronen Gold! very dry unprofessional, no comfort WORSE experienence from someone who never got her tooth removed! Racism still exist what ashame.. HE DOES NOT CARE bout you just your MONEY!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Excellent surgeon. Squeezed me in as an emergency patient the same day I called and I barely had to wait for him. He saved me that day.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Greta doctor. Was very compassionate and caring. Would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Great guy to have your surgry done by. He does know what he is doing. However, his personality is lacking. He is the most pompous person I have ever met in my life. He is rude, cold, and simply does not care about your general well being. I will never go to him for anything ever again.

Submitted February 2, 2015

Rude staff. Rude guy. Only cares about your money which is sad and pathetic.

Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. Ronen Gold is a very precise & detail-oriented oral surgeon. My teenage son had 2 different surgeries -- no complications whatsoever! Very pleased... During the initial consultation, the doctor took the time to explain & evaluate the surgery process to my son ( and me, his Mom ) which put both of us at ease. The office staff called my medical insurance to research any benefits & we were given the exact cost estimate ( no hidden fees ) Dr. Ronen personally called on the post-op evenings to check-in & see how everything was going. Based on our experiences -- you are in great hands with this Doctor!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

He pulled my wisdom teeth. All went well but I developed an infection despite following all his care instructions. Then I developed hard kernel sized balls in my vein where the anesthesia was administered and my doctor said he must have ruptured the vein. So I wasn't happy.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

This doctor is awesome. Nicest guy very professional. Implant was done right. Honnestly chocked to read any negative comments. Can't please everyone !!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

They asked me my dental and health insurance cards. After surgery, I re-visited 3 times for just check. I paid $50 ($50 was my Health Insurance co-pay, not dental insurance was used) each re-visit. I don't understand why they charge each re-visit after surgery as well as they used my health insurance. I have visited dentists and oral surgeons enormous times, none charged each visit after surgeries. These hidden charges were unclear to me. I just received additional bill 14 month later since my last visit. Surgery was smooth and great, he was a skilled doctor. But, he didn't spend enough time to discuss other dental problem which may be related to this surgery. Quiet, but unfriendly. I will never go back to him again.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013