Ratings for Dr. Thomas B. Volatile

He performed my LEFT Total Knee Replacement a year ago and I am 100%+ satisfied with my BIONIC joint! If or when I must do the one one, HE is the one!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

My mother has many health issues- insulin- dependent diabetes, fheumatoid arthritis, stage 4 renal disease, atrial fib on Coumadin, post strokes, neural blasts (neuro diseases), seizures. Had knee replaced 2/14. Was released to a pitiful nursing home, Providence park, where she was treated like a piece of meat, and had to come home 2/18 because of poor care at nursing home. She is 76 years old and we called Dr office multiple times to have her put in a local rehab, that is a wonderful institution. Because of Medicare bundling, and his staff's not looking into a secondary insurance, my mom was thrown out so hospital, nursing home, and doctor could split the lump sum of money they received for the surgery. Dr. Volatile refused to return calls, refused to admit to the better facility because neither he nor staff knew all would be totally covered because they refused to take the time to care about the "person". Now we have a mom who is at home, too weak to do rehab, and feels as if she has been treated like a leper. I will do my best to discourage anyone from using this doc

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Had knee surgery 7 months ago. Having more problems than before surgery. Dr seems not to care. Said give it a year. I had my other knee done 3 years ago. No problems at all. Different Dr. I was back at work in 3 weeks. Not this one. When I do go see him he see me for only 5 min. Bed side manner is bad. I will never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Worst experience ever. My husband was scheduled for surgery. We were in pre-op room waiting for over 8 hours. Husband had IV done, clothes changed, etc. After we demanded information on why we had waited and waited, the nurse finally came back and said Volatile was running over on a case and we would need to reschedule surgery. Then- We rescheduled surgery, Dr. had poor bedside manner, especially in communicating how surgery went. My husband came out of surgery with a hip replacement that caused one of his legs to be at least an inch longer than the other. Now my husband's back, leg, hip continue to have stress and strain due to the difference in leg length. Dr. was not and is still not concerned. I will never recommend this physician to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Dr. Thomas B. Volatile's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Avmed