Ratings for Dr. Thomas B. Volatile

On October 23, 2017 I had knee replacement surgery. All I can say is that I wish I had done it sooner. The pain during recover was less painful, than the pain I had after an arthroscopic surgery in 2012. I really appreciate everything Dr. Volatile has done for me, he has given me excellent care. I am total satisfied with the results of my knee replacement and I will use him for all my Orthopedic needs in the future. Thanks again Dr. Volatile. Joe Dan Brown

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Volatile!! I had bi-lateral knee replacement in July and was back at work in 4 weeks. His staff is wonderful also.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Terrible. Cares more about his quota than patients. No information, no concern about previous conditions such as disabilities, curt and unconcerned, no warnings or advise post-surgery. Have suffered pain and near fatal falls because of his surgery. Had hip implant and was hemi plegic at time of surgery without pain and not falling.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Terrible experience with him. My knee is worse that it was pre surgery....surgery was almost 2 years ago.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Very Satisfied! He did an excellent job with my double knee replacement!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Had my let hip replaced in July 2017. Knowledgeable, competent and very approachable. Staff on top of everything. I was confident going in and extremely pleased with the results. My legs are of equal length again and my constant pain is gone. I'm a new me! Thanks!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

He performed my LEFT Total Knee Replacement a year ago and I am 100%+ satisfied with my BIONIC joint! If or when I must do the one one, HE is the one!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

My mother has many health issues- insulin- dependent diabetes, fheumatoid arthritis, stage 4 renal disease, atrial fib on Coumadin, post strokes, neural blasts (neuro diseases), seizures. Had knee replaced 2/14. Was released to a pitiful nursing home, Providence park, where she was treated like a piece of meat, and had to come home 2/18 because of poor care at nursing home. She is 76 years old and we called Dr office multiple times to have her put in a local rehab, that is a wonderful institution. Because of Medicare bundling, and his staff's not looking into a secondary insurance, my mom was thrown out so hospital, nursing home, and doctor could split the lump sum of money they received for the surgery. Dr. Volatile refused to return calls, refused to admit to the better facility because neither he nor staff knew all would be totally covered because they refused to take the time to care about the "person". Now we have a mom who is at home, too weak to do rehab, and feels as if she has been treated like a leper. I will do my best to discourage anyone from using this doc

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Had knee surgery 7 months ago. Having more problems than before surgery. Dr seems not to care. Said give it a year. I had my other knee done 3 years ago. No problems at all. Different Dr. I was back at work in 3 weeks. Not this one. When I do go see him he see me for only 5 min. Bed side manner is bad. I will never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Worst experience ever. My husband was scheduled for surgery. We were in pre-op room waiting for over 8 hours. Husband had IV done, clothes changed, etc. After we demanded information on why we had waited and waited, the nurse finally came back and said Volatile was running over on a case and we would need to reschedule surgery. Then- We rescheduled surgery, Dr. had poor bedside manner, especially in communicating how surgery went. My husband came out of surgery with a hip replacement that caused one of his legs to be at least an inch longer than the other. Now my husband's back, leg, hip continue to have stress and strain due to the difference in leg length. Dr. was not and is still not concerned. I will never recommend this physician to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Dr. Thomas B. Volatile's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)