Ratings for Dr. R. Randal Aaranson

I broke my 5th metatarsal (bone below the little toe) hiking. I was referred to Dr. Aaranson by my family doc after he saw my x-rays. He did not have any availability for 7 days. When I saw hi, he was rude and chastised me for walking on my foot. I didn't know. I was not told by my family doc. Had my own x-rays but he insisted I have more ($195) . He spent 10 minutes with me (total) and I was instructed to stay off my foot, and use a boot. 30 days later I had another appointment and another set of x-rays ($195). This time he spent 5 minutes with me. Before insurance, I was charged $242 for the "new patient" office visit, $323 for a boot (425% of retail - $76 on Amazon) and $952 for fracture care(?). Shouldn't fracture care include x-rays and a boot? It was just an office visit by another name to up-charge 900%. I have yet to be billed for the second appointment. His hourly rate for this treatment, $4776/hr. The only reason I went to the doctor was because I needed a note for work and he didn't even do that right. As it stands, he charged me $50 to fill out FMLA paperwork and he completed it wrong. I need it done again.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

saw this guy for second opinion, very knowledgeable, took his time, answered my questions, highly recommend

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr. Aaranson recently moved to a new office at 2917 Highway K in O'Fallon in the Deer Creek Footcare office. I found him at this location, and I found him very thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Not a bad doc, but he charges you for an office visit, then also charges to make an evaluation of your issue. Why is this not covered in the office visit charges? Filed a complaint with the BBB, and his response clearly indicated he didn't grasp the question at hand.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Didn't give me enough time to recover from surgery. Made me fell as if I were asking him to do something illegal because I wanted a few additional weeks off work. I earned sick time I should be able to use it if I need if, and my doctor should assist if asked. Every person heals diferently.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr Aaranson was extremely nice and he explained everything so I could understand. I would recommend him to EVERYONE!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012