You may also like

Rate Dr. Victor Nitti

Dr. Victor Nitti's Ratings

After a botched bladder sling suspension performed by another doctor, I sought Dr. Nitti's help, and he performed two revision surgeries. While Dr. Nitti is personable and I truly believe means well, the second surgery he performed went very badly for me, and it was all due to his not in any way adequately describing the procedure beforehand and then seriously compromising my post-operative care. When confronted about the glaring problems in my post-operative care, he was dismissive to the point of suggesting that I should have told him what I wanted him to do (which was something he had done post-op with the first procedure, so I had no way of knowing that he wasn't going to do the same thing the second time). It was ridiculous. Since NYU Langone is a teaching hospital, obviously someone other than Dr. Nitti closed me up after he did the main surgical procedure, someone who didn't know my medical history. He put me through unbelievable pain and stress that was totally avoidable, and when after several months of so-called healing I was still in pain, he was sympathetic, but medically had nothing to offer except another surgery. I left the practice and found a urogynecologist, and if you are a woman reading this, you should absolutely do the same.

His office staff is generally competent with a couple of glaring exceptions. If you are told that the person who does their surgical scheduling will call you tomorrow to set up your procedure, you can pretty much guarantee that YOU will be calling HER after a week or so, because sometimes she doesn't call you to set up your procedure for TWO MONTHS. (She tried to claim the NYU Langone power failure was at fault, but that had happened nearly two weeks after I had been told she would call "tomorrow.")

One of the staff members who helped me make the decision to leave Dr. Nitti's practice was the PA who put me in an exam room, left me in my paper gown for over half an hour, and then burst into the room exclaiming, "There you are!" in an accusatory voice, as if I had been hiding from her! She was actually angry with me for being exactly where she'd put me! She then berated me for starting to cry when she was performing an invasive procedure that, given my pain level, was very uncomfortable. "Are you CRYING?"--once again, the accusatory and critical tone. I replied by asking her if she had ever had the procedure she was performing on me performed on her. When she replied that she hadn't, I said, "Well, you don't want it." May I now add that in particular, you certainly don't want to undergo something uncomfortable at the hands of someone with about as much compassion and concern as the average housefly.

Is Dr. Nitti to blame for the incompetence and negligence of some of his associates (particularly whoever actually performed/finished my second surgery and the floor doctor who was responsible for my post-op)? Of course he is. He hired them, he chooses to leave his patients in their care, and it's his practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Dr Nitti is the best. My first cystoscopic Botox injection to the bladder was kind of uncomfortable but he went out of his way to ensure that the subsequent ones were better, changing equipment and tweaking the technique.He treated my problem successfully and made the experience much more comfortable.He will be my urologist for life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Dr. Nitti fixed my rectocele and other severe post labor complications. He was the only one who properly diagnosed my problem after 10 years of misery. And seeing countless pseudo doctors. He may seem a little distant, but he is a brilliant physician and he changed my life. Thank you, Dr. Nitti. Beata S.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520382].votes_count ]]