Ratings for Dr. Marta J. Hemmingson Vanbeek

Excellent. Great doctor. Would see again. Thanks..

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

I traveled over an hour to get to Dr. Hemmingson, who was advertised to be the leading specialist for Melanoma near me. The total time for her interaction with me was maybe 5 minutes for a complete skin exam and this on a person (myself) who was previously diagnosed with melanoma several times. My Dentist took more time examining the skin around my mouth and face than she did my whole body. One spot I had her look at in particular she dismissed as nothing and removed a different mole. The one I asked her to look at was later biopsied by another Dermatologist and was diagnosed with early stages of melanoma. What if I had not of gone to get a 2nd opinion? Melanoma can travel swiftly! I understand everyone can make mistakes, but when you see the Dr and feel rushed through the exam as if they had better things to do, and they miss something, I do not understand that. You previously deleted my original rating, Why? If this is just a cheerleader site then I will let that be known.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Marta J. Hemmingson Vanbeek's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Guardian