Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey E. Steinberg

I had no problems with Dr. Steinberg at all, but his office is so ridiculously disorganized that I wish I had never gone at this point. Never answered phones, no easy way to get prescriptions refilled--even though they have to be re-authorized every month--and they said that I didn't have to see him again even though I was supposed to be seeing him every 6 weeks, according to one of the nurses when I finally spoke to her. This was going on for 4 months. If I could go back, I would have gone somewhere else. It's sad, really, because he's a good doctor, but their scheduling and administrative services are so bad that it doesn't matter how good he is.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

I saw him for pain when walking; I thought it might be a fracture in the toe. He asked a few questions and tested the pain levels with a few motions and told me he suspected my plantar band was torn in the spot right at the base of my toe. He prescribed an MRI because that was the only way to be sure that was whether it was a sprain or a tear, and how extensive a tear if it was one, which would be determinative of the treatment. He also electronically assessed my feet for new orthotic inserts and explained why the ones I got from a chiropractor 6 years ago are not that great; it's not surprising that they've been of such little help with my foot and back pain. All around great experience. Personable, knowledgeable, and I was confident in his plan going forward. I'm not used to having good experiences with doctors; I'd recommend him to anybody in DC with foot problems.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey E. Steinberg's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2002)