Ratings for Dr. Roderick Claybrooks

My last visited to Dr. Claybrooks, I was very rude . I like to say sorry to Dr.Claybrook . I was not mad at you . You save my life I just recived a lot of bad news. And I took it out on you . I was very disrespectful to you .I like to tell you I'm sorry. If it wasn't for you .I might not be walking . Please forgive my in my rudeness. I took the anger out on the wrong person . Than you for saving my life.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I saw him twice. First time * had to wait 90,minutes to see him. Next time, after 70 minuses, still waiting . I was told he was with a patient. I then walked into his office and he was doing paperwork ( no patient) He suggested I make another appointment . No I am sorry or any feedback while I waited. I feel that if he is unable to manage his patients time successful , I must question his skill level as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

The staff was rude, the nurses seem to care more for their cell phone than the patients and the doctor's bedside manor sucked

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Clay brooks, the tens unit was the best thing you could have request for me.just to let you no people's can order them cheaper at drug store .com their not cover by insurance. A nice one for 39.99 my sister bought me one.Thank you Sorry for getting mad .but when I'm in pain all the time unable to sleep yes I get mad. I APOLOGIZED TO YOU DR.Roderick Claybrook's MISS. EE

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

A Doctor,should not lie .As a head Doctor how can people trust you when they ask questions you sit their and lie lie lie .Tell me how can they even tyr to trust you after you Destroyed their life. Then lies about it. Think about it .What if somebody messed up your family member you would be mad too her life is over because of you .due belive in GOD. Wee all have to answer HIM!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Claybrooks is a blessing in my life , when I first met him I saw his hands first before I saw his face . I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which Kyphosis settled in my spine which curved my spine to the point I could not see whats was in front of me for almost 17 years, I struggled with this disorder, many other doctors told me this is what my life would be and that they couldn't help me , I tried to accept it and live my life but it was very hard because of other people and the way they treated me embarrassed me every chance they could I felt and how about being spit at and on top of that being in pain the and struggling to stand up straight. The older I got the dimmer my life light got ...........Until JUNE 21st 2014 at Providence Hospital in Southfield MI Dr. Roderick Claybrooks broke my back T4 to pelvic and straightened and pulled my spine straight , for the first time in almost 17 years I had a arch in my back , I was standing upright I could see the sky the ceiling , going into the grocery store was a pleasure because I use to shop only at eye level . I'm having fun enjoying my life now just doing things people do on a regular basis I can go on and on but I'll stop here . Dr. Claybrooks said YES with confidence every question I ask him he never had to think about it I knew that I was important to him , he held my hand..............when he spoke to me we had eye contact showing me he was listening and what I spoke was important , he did a beautiful job on my spine even though after my 8 hours of surgery he said to my mom he didn't look at it as a job he looked at it as making a difference in someones life which was mine that day. My name is Jo Lisa Thomas and Dr. Roderick Claybrooks is my awesome spine surgeon but most of all he is my FRIEND FOREVER we are connected forever , it was the best pain I ever experienced I had know regrets and if I had to I will do it again with my DOCTOR AND FRIEND Dr. Claybrooks ....thank you for saying yes!!!!!!!!! :) and being obedient to Gods will God Bless because without him nothing is possible.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2014

I found Dr. Claybrooks to be both insightful and delight to speak with during my visit. Dr. Claybrooks was surely knowledgeable in his area of expertise. If there was a question that I had and he didn't quite have a confident answer, he acknowledged it as such and suggested otherwise. My family and I are pleased with the information gained during our consultation and would recommend Dr.Claybrooks, hands down!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Took my 85 year old mother to see him about severe neck pain, after an MRI and and x-rays the Dr immediately said the only solution was surgery due to bulgding and herniated discs in the cervical spine and nothing else. He said her shoulder pain was a different issue and suggested an orthopedic doctor. Her head pain was something different and suggested a neurologist I took her to a neuro and after testing said her shoulder pain, head, and neck pain were all related and had nothing to do with her spine, spine shouldn't be causing all this pain. Said if it was the spine alone causing this she wouldn't have pain applying pressure on the area where it hurt and the entire neck would hurt inside and not on the outside and only on one side. He ordered 5 different MRI's. I am DISGUSTED that this doctor's only response would be to cut her open and do surgery on an elderly woman and not suggest anything else nor do more testing. I would NOT recommend him for anything.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

We waited an hour beyond our scheduled appointment time to even go back, and another hour in the room before we saw the doctor. He basically told my husband that he has a "dried up" disc because he is a smoker. The doctor said that my husband is not a surgical candidate, and when my husband asked what we could do, the doctor's answer was - you'll have to learn to live with some amount of pain and quit smoking. He was not helpful, and did not even explain what he meant by a "dried up" disc. When my husband asked him questions, he was condescending, and gave no real answers, other than to keep telling him to quit smoking. We left feeling frustrated and discouraged, as he did not answer our questions, or give us any alternative suggestions for treatment.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

This doctor does not knowledge the pain I still have with my back, I'm unable to do things he say I can and he hasn't even checked into it to see why. I want to go back to work, but unable to lift, bend or even tie my own shoe, I really hurt.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Roderick Claybrooks's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)