Ratings for Dr. Anant Kumar

I had double disk replacement surgery with Dr Kumar. Everything went perfectly and I now am back to work and regular life thanks to Dr Kumar. I work in healthcare and understand there is a process for everything to please the insurance companies and if you don't follow this process you will pay out of pocket a lot of money. I followed Kumar's process as ordered and recommendations as ordered and all went perfectly. He is very intelligent and knows his stuff. You will wait in his waiting room for a while but that is because he is very thorough with each and every client. He is very honest, maybe to a fault at times but he will not BS you and tell you what you want to hear. His office staff may be where he is lacking a bit. Monique is great and helpful! The receptionist is not the friendliest and office manager is tough to work with, a little bit condescending and full of herself. With all this said all parts of my procedure went through without a hitch.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Kumar provided a very detailed and precise reading of my imaging. Then, he explained the proposed surgery and why it should be done in this manner. He made me feel 100% at ease and almost excited to have surgery. I knew I was in good hands and he was going to do an excellent job. He is no nonsense in his demeanor and expects a high level of performance from his colleagues and assisting staff. I feel like he will not mince words with someone when patient care and surgery are at hand. I owe him for my exceptional recovery. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Very likely payment is being made for the positive reviews. I believe this because a number of detailed negative reviews have disappeared from other sites. One in particular where the woman was shouted out of his office, crying the whole way. Since that is exactly how he treated me, wondering what happened to that review. I even waited over an hour to see him. I have seen half a dozen Spine specialists but never bother to leave a review. However, out of thought for others who are suffering like me, just move your effort on to some other doctor, knowing you would have wasted your efforts here.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Never Again... is what i could say....... You will end up being bankrupt.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

This amazing surgeon spent HOURS with me on my first visit, took time to show me my x-rays, and spent "as long as needed" to be sure I understood all of my options. Words cannot express the high level of ethics, heart, and expertise that Dr. Kumar works from. My surgery went well. Add in his stellar staff, Kathy and Dana, and it just doesn't get ANY BETTER. 5 of 5 stars just isn't enough for this OUTSTANDING practice!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I have had the unfortunate oppertunity to meet this man both for a evaluation on my neck and in the operating room where I work. Let me first say run for your lives! I have never met a worse human in my entire life both professionally and personally. He was so increadibly unhelpful in treating my neck that I found a better doctor. He doesn't like to treat small things this man loves fusions and big surgeried that fill his pocket! Second I got to see him in action on a case in the o.r. I have never met someone so rude, demanding, unprofessional and unhappy EVER! He talked to everyone in the room like they were a bunch of idiots. He threw things, yelled at people, stating everything this nice hospital had to offer him in surgery was "shit". He made the comment that women belong away from him when he's working. He's just a flat out pig! On top of that he raced through this surgery as fast as he could I can't imagine the outcome on this persons life. Could go on for days but really RUN!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

Anant Kumar is located in Littleton,CO NO ONE should go to this terrible doctor, but more so if you are a woman! I went with my daughter to see this unprofessional man, and it was a nightmare. When we finally saw this man he didn't even bother to read the chart!He treated my loved one like she was crazy!Basically talking to her like, "There, there dear, you're just a crazy woman." SIX previous physicians have told her she has a herniated disc & degenerative disc disease, she had no health insurance until now & was seeking the fusion surgery that SIX other reputable doctors told her she NEEDED. This fool told her there was nothing wrong with her & to see a psychiatrist! Obviously he cannot even read an MRI, nor a report written by a Radiologist, who specializes in reading MRI's, x-rays, etc., & said there are herniated disc, & degeneration! I thought the 19th century days, where women were treated like nuts, were over!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011