Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Levine

I took my children to Dr Levine for 8 years. The past two years were awful. My son has special needs and Dr Levine treated him like any other patient. He would always say "treat the symptoms." You can't treat a child with a liver disease like that!!! One day, my son had a raging fever and pain right where his liver is. Dr Levine, again, said "treat the symptoms, give him Tylenol." (Liver disease + Tylenol = No Bueno!!) I had to beg him for blood work. He stated it was not necessary. I demanded and would not leave until he gave me lab orders. I took my son to get urgent blood work. I had a call within 1 hr stating to rush my son to the Children's Hospital! He was hospitalized for 11 days. If I hadn't demanded Dr Levine to do his job, my son would no longer be with us!!! Also, the staff is extremely rude! One time, I overheard them bragging about all the co-pays they were collecting.... Professional?? I think NOT!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr. Michael J. Levine's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1967)

Oxford