Ratings for Dr. Benjamin R. Proto

Doctor was not helpful and my foot never got better in his care. Finally went to an orthopaedic surgeon and I've never felt better. He is not an MD or Ortho surgeon, choose the right one, you'll regret it if you don't.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I have diabetes and had to have a toe amputated. I am so happy that Dr. Proto walked into my hospital room that day! He's very professional; he explained my situation, talked to me about my alternatives, gave me his opinion, and ended up doing the surgery. His bedside manner is awesome. He was very caring and compassionate with me and was always very friendly with my family members. I've had three follow up visits with him in his office and he always takes time to answer questions and concerns I have. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor or outcome. Thank you Dr. Proto!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

He was great ! I had a fracture and small tumor. Also needed reconstruction on my ankle. Surgery had god results. He was spot on with it all. The physical group there is also great! I would use him again. Have great confidence in him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Was told by Mr. Protto "There is nothing to fix on your right ankle" (after he took a look on the MRI). I changed Doctors, and a week after doing so;my new Doctor has found that Dr. Prottos' diagnosis is far from true.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Outstanding doctor! In May 2013 I had ER visit for my foot, which had some loud pops followed by severe pain. X-rays showed nothing according to the ER physician. The pain persisted over months, until finally I visited my PCP and a RA specialist in February. More X-rays, continued pain and no answer. After researching podiatrists, I decided to try Dr. Proto. He reviewed the most recent X-rays, and examined my foot. Within seconds, it seemed, he had located the bone or calcium deposits in the outer tendon. Wow, finally an answer, and a physician who did not dismiss the pain as simply nothing. He gave me a cortisone shot to the painful spot, and an ankle brace. While he hoped for relief, he was honest and indicated that surgery may be the only option. There is some relief, and I am walking and sleeping better. I found an amazing DPM who listened to me, examined the X-rays himself instead of just reviewing the radiologist notes. He was very open, understanding and supportive.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Proto very professional and knowledgeble. He performed successful bone fusion surgery. My outcome was good. He gave me information to make and informed decision and was careful answer any questions and concerns I had.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014