Ratings for Dr. Thomas R. Haher

I would not recommend this surgeon to anyone. This surgeon ruined my fathers back. Not only did my fathers spinal fusion not take, but the hardware that was placed in his back has fractured and broke. Titanium nonetheless. It is more common for hardware to dislodge or loosen but to break and fracture this is a result of not only poor insertion but failure to anchor correctly. Dr. Haher also left a piece of a bone fragment in my fathers back that is shaped similar to that of a sharks tooth which as a result is currently stabbing my father in the spinal column. From the failure of the fusion as well as the fractured hardware my father currently has no reflexes present in his Right leg. As a result, my father has lost sensation in his right leg and currently struggles everyday with severe and pain and is losing his mobility with regards to ability to ambulate safely. His strength is decreasing each day. Dr. Haher also met wth my father for a review of his myelogram that was ordered to see why and what was causing all my fathers pain and he never once discussed the myelogram results, but rather focused on that my dad had a L3 herniation above where the fusion was failed, this hernation is a result of the failure of the fusion and the broken hardware. His spine is trying to compensate to hold his thoracic cavity together. Not only did Dr. Haher not address the myelogram results but when asked by my mother "what are we doing about the broke Titanium screws in his back"? Dr. Haher responded, "people live with broken screws in their back everyday"~! WOW!!!!!! Can we say arrogant. Never once did Dr. Haher try to comfort and reassure my father but rather was on the defensive the entire time and someone only does that when they know they screwed up. Now, because of this surgeons incompetence my father is suffering. Thankfully, we have found an amazing Reconstructive Surgery team and he is scheduled for surgery in a few weeks. The damage has been done and unfortunately the nerve damage will more than likely never return. My father has gone from a fully functioning healthy man to a fragile, weak man. This man has completely ruined my fathers confidence as well as caused such a decline in his health. If this reconstruction is not done he will be in a wheelchair in less than a year at the age of 62. This is a man who lives to work outside and run around with his family and hunt, fish. I understand that we are all human and we all make mistakes, however, this surgeon is arrogant and it is more than evident that he did not care about the result of this failure. I strongly advise getting a second opinion if you have an appointment with this surgeon and strongly suggest you do your homework with success and failure rates.

Submitted June 26, 2017

This doctor has no compassion, horrible bedside manners and a cocky attitude. He told my husband never to come to an appointment again or he would have him removed because he told the doctor he was a jerk and instead of denying everything to sit down and listen to what i was saying. I was 26 years old when my life was ruined because of how he botched my surgery. My back now looks like an "L" because of what he did and I need Harrington rods and multiple levels of fusions. I also had a spo al cord stimulator placed because of the horrible pain i was left with. Yet he told me the surgery he performed was top notch and i was either faking or it was in my head and I didn't want to get better. I wouldn't send anyone to him that's for sure!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

This is got to be one of the worst doctors I have ever been too. No bedside manner,always in a rush. God forbid don't get surgery from this doctor, you'll never recover all the way!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2012

Dr. Thomas R. Haher's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1975)

Commercial Insurance Company