Ratings for Dr. Andrew E. Lowy

Dr. Lowey was VERY rude, and insisted on doing an unnecessary surgery. When I questioned why he wanted to do the additional surgery, he started screaming like a crazy person! So I had that part of the surgery done too, and now I have LOTS of pain, nerve damage, and a toe that is sticking up towards the sky and rubbing on the inside of my shoe. I N-E-V-E-R had any of that with my toe before the unnecessary surgery. I now have LOTS of pain and walking any real distance is painful. All he ever suggested was, just tape the toe down. Now other doctors have said don't tape it because with the odd angle of the toe I would be cutting off circulation to the toe. I do NOT advise anyone go to this doctor, I certainly wish I had NOT gone to him. I think he is a quack!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Dr Lowy is extremely poor in patient communication. This poor communication caused me to do more harm to the area. Also not knowledgeabe in his own area

flag | Submitted August 27, 2011

Dr. Lowy preformed a bunionectomy on my foot several years ago. Since then, I've had "3" reconstructive/salvage surgeries trying to fix his mistake. I'm still in constant pain and have a very deformed looking foot. Also, I had a very difficult time getting my records from Dr. Lowy's office to my new surgeon's office.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

He has refused to cooperate with Aetna and has refused to provide me with my own records to fight a denial from Aetna to have them pay for my treatment. He has only submitted codes not any supporting info and he is demanding FULL payment not the capitated amount the insurer would pay. I think he does this on purpose so he can collect the full amount for his services. WHAT A RACKET!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Dr. Andrew E. Lowy's Credentials

• Filipino

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1982)