Ratings for Dr. Brian D. Haas

Worst pain I have ever experienced! I contracted with Dr Brian Haas for surgery to remove excess skin on both my upper and lower eyelids in December, 2018. During the procedure I became aware of my surroundings a number of times. I realized that there was something seriously wrong when I was able to feel the incision being made across my eyelid. Although it was painful, it was tolerable. However, the next thing I became aware of was my eyelid being stitched. I could feel the needle entering and leaving the lid and the tug of the suture. It was the worst pain I have ever felt – the sedation and local anesthetic were apparently not working properly. And I have a very high tolerance for pain. I immediately attempted to move my hand and could hear myself trying to scream. Later in recovery, I expected that Dr Haas would say something about the incident – but not a word. There was also no follow-up from him or his staff after the surgery. I had to call the office on my own to find out what the next steps were, when the stitches would be removed, etc. During that first follow-up, I expressed my extreme disappointment in the procedure itself, described the pain I endured, and asked why he never said anything about the problems. His response was, “ You have good results – what does it matter?” He commented that I required more sedation/local anesthetic than most patients – as much as he was allowed to administer. And that he never expected I would remember anything. The possibility that any of this might happen was never discussed with me prior to surgery. Nor was I offered an option for anesthesia. I would never use Dr. Haas again for anything. His arrogance and cavalier attitude towards his own errors are appalling. And there is no excuse for the lack of follow-up from staff.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Dr. Brian D. Haas

Dr. Brian D. Haas's response
I am very sorry for any discomfort you endured. Most of my surgery is performed using local injection of anesthetic with additional IV sedation. Patient safety and comfort are my top priorities during surgery. However, very rarely, I encounter a situation when the maximum safe dosage of this type of anesthesia does not make a patient comfortable. In such situations, I do everything I can to make things better. Fortunately, the vast majority of my patients find our procedures painless, and well worth the results that await. Dr. Brian D. Haas, MD

Submitted April 17, 2019

For my entire life, I have been totally dependent on my right eye. So when I developed a cataract in that eye, I was naturally concerned. The other problem in the right eye was astigmatism, which required a considerable amount of correction. I was confident in Dr. Haas, so I was not worried about the procedure itself, but naturally a bit concerned about the possible outcome. Well, the result was amazing! Just a couple of hours after the procedure, I was easily reading the text on a TV screen through the clear plastic shield over my eye! No post-operative problems. A recent exam showed that the vision in my right eye is excellent. All I need to use are reading glasses. Dr. Haas did a fantastic job.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I am very please with the cataracts surgery that I received in March. I would definitely recommend Dr. Haas to anyone seeking cataract surgery. He is very thorough and comforting.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I was so happy my Family Doctor sent me here he was very good when it came to him knowing what was wrong with my eyes he fixed them and I feel blessed I found him. He has a wonderful beside manner very caring and understanding and I am going to tell all I know to go to him he is number one doctor as far as I am concerned. I am going to have him do my cataract surgery when I need it. I feel he is the one that makes me feel comfortable which is very important to me. Thank you Dr. Hass.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Haas has been our family eye doctor for a long time. We came to him for two reasons. He was my husband's parents and his sisters family eye doctor, but also my dermatologist wanted me to see him because she said he was one of the best and she never saw a patient of his that wasn't wonderfully satisfied. The doctor removed both of my cataractps and lifted a falling eyebrow, but he also became my favorite hero. I have had dry eye for at least 30 years. Tears always running down my face. Dr. Haas created a dry eye department in his practice, and from the very FIRST application, the uncontrolled tears were gone along with the itching. I'm calling it a miracle and dr. Haas a hero.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

After living most of my life in glasses and being told I would have to live my whole life with glasses, and could not even wear contacts, Dr. Haas has given me a better life than I even had as a child. The cataract surgery and lens implants has opened up a whole new world for me. Dr Haas and his staff are very caring and helpful in every way. My husband had the same surgery and implants several years ago. He kept telling me how wonderful it was. I had no clue until I went to see Dr. Haas. I want to thank him and his staff for giving me a new life.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

I cannot say enough about Dr. Brian Haas and his staff. When you walk through those doors at Boutique Eye Orlando, you enter the world of kindness, unselfishness, thoughtfulness and good-natured people. These folks are unparalleled. Dr. Haas wouldn’t have it any other way. Dr. Haas listens to your problems, understands your needs and is very compassionate. I will tell you right off that this is not the least expensive place in town, Only the best! When it comes to your site you only have one pair of eyes and you want only the best. I have worn glasses for over 40 years and today I have 20/20 in my right eye and 20/25 in my left eye. AWESOME!!!! It’s people like this that make such a wonderful world. Thank you Dr. Haas.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

it takes for ever to get your medical report . in my opinion my cataract surgery was not a successful surgery and I may want to do it again to have my vision corrected to what it was before

Submitted October 16, 2014

Great office and staff. My eyelid surgery came out great and I look years younger! Wait times can be long but it's well worth the wait. I'd highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Haas and his staff saw me immediately after being referred to them by my dermatologist with a suspicious lower eyelid growth. A biopsy by Dr. Haas found this growth to be a basal cell carcinoma, which he surgically removed, a few days later. Every aspect of my interaction with Dr. Haas and his staff has been excellent! I will gladly recommend Dr. Haas to other patients.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Dr. Brian D. Haas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Haas specializes in Oculoplastics ophthalmology, premium cataract surgery, Botox and fillers, and dry eye

• English
  • Spanish

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1986)

• Blepharoplasty