Ratings for Dr. Gerald J. Bonnington

Poor bedside manner and skill. I developed horrible infection as a result of wisdom teeth removal, he didn't recognize dry sockets. Suffered for weeks before a dentist fixed it but took a long time. And yet Dr B couldn't recognize the infection even when I asked if it was dry sockets, he just wanted to give me pain pills. My teeth were very bruised and painful after it was over too and I have permanent nerve damage as a result because he severed a nerve sitting on top of the wisdom tooth but not in the way per the x-rays, doctors said it could easily have been avoided. Now I have numbness in my lip that's remained all these years. I can never forget this experience, had he not insisted on putting me under, maybe I would have yelped when I felt nerve pain and he not sever it. But he didn't take responsibility for any of it when I contacted him many times, or begged him for help with the dry sockets. To this day I feel just sick thinking about it.

Submitted July 1, 2012