You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John L. Andary

Dr. Andary is a fantastic doctor and he is extremely competent and knowledgeable. However, there is a long waiting time to get in for appointments.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

Dr. Andary totally fixed my shoulder after 3 of the best orthopedic surgeons in two states told me that it was not fixable. I had already had shoulder surgeries due to my arm being caught in an elevator door. For 9 years I lived in excruciating pain and although the various surgeries helped there was still a deep penetrating pain that made my life miserable. All this time there was a full thickness subscapularis tear that no one had picked up on and because of how much time that had gone by the 3 other Dr.s said it was to late to fix due to the complete atrophy of the muscle involved. I needed to borrow a tendon to attach to this atrophied, tiny scrap of muscle but the risk was too high that I might lose the complete mobility of my arm if things did not go well, like if the tendon transplant died, so no one wanted to touch it. Dr Andary suggested borrowing a donor achillies tendon for the transplant and it worked beautifully. No more pain and I have complete function of my arm.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Dr. John L. Andary's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2284725'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 6, 2014