Ratings for Dr. Jaime C. Benton

While my children and I love Dr. Benton, I am highly upset with the recent changes in Navasota Medical Center (NMC) office policies. I recently called NMC to request a refill on my son's long standing prescriptions. When I called back today to enquire about these written prescriptions, I was informed that ALL written prescriptions will now be charged a $10 fee regardless of insurance policies. This is a major issue for me being that my children are on an insurance policy without copays or fees to the patient. I was informed by office staff that this new policy was put into place two weeks ago, yet notifications had not been sent to patients. By not notify their patients of changes in office policies NMC has failed to allow patients the right to make informed decisions about their healthcare and financial obligations. I have spoken with my insurance provider and they will also be reviewing the legal ramifications of NMC failing to abide by the agreed upon rates between the healthcare providers and insurance provider. I strongly advisable advise all current and potential patients to contact your insurance providers to discuss the new prescription policies Navasota Medical Center has put into place.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Benton was extremely rude to my mother. Dr.Benton had such a Lack of compassion. I would Not recommend Anyone to waste their time seeing this doctor. You will leave this office feeling worse than when you arrived. My mother is the sweetest lady and she even was flustered by the way Dr. Benton conducted herself. It is my greatest hope that we just caught her on a bad day, but none the less she will never see us again. Family practice physicians are plentiful and if they aren't careful and compassionate, they Will loose good patients. Little does Dr.Benton know but I happen to work in the medical field very closely with many of her referring physicians. Needless to say, this incident lit a fire under "little me" and I was quick to voice my opinion of her. I found my opinion to be very relevant to those around me.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

dr benton the best doctor i ever had we all love her

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Dr. Jaime C. Benton's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 2002)

MSP/BC Med