Ratings for Dr. Michael T. Swinyard

My daughter was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism at birth and we have moved a few times, so I have been to 3 other Endocrinologist over the years. He would not read her blood work and prescribe her medication until I took her in for a hand x-ray and thyroid ultrasound. These both ended up being very expensive. None of the other Endocrinologists even suggested doing this, just blood work. I think it is ridiculous that I felt forced into the other tests so that I could get her medication.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Worst doctor we have ever seen. He told my son (then age 16) that he would never grow another inch and that he should "suck it up and develop a thick skin". He stated that most popular people, and presidents have been tall. What the !?# zmy son developed an eating disorder and suffers severe body image disorder even 7 years later. He has the bedside manner of Hitler! Wish we had never visited his office.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr Swinyard ran a lengthy series of tests on my daughter-blood work, urine, bone x-ray, pelvic ultrasound, 5 hour growth hormone test and a brain MRI. They were invasive and expensive. She was diagnosed as having growth hormone deficiency. After all of these tests he told us insurance doesn't pay-which he would have known from day one. She has since been diagnosed by another Dr. with Turner Syndrome and hypothyroidism. She will need lifetime care which he completely missed after all those tests.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Definitely don't trust this doctor. I think a lot of the time with his personality flaws, moodiness, and inappropriateness that he must be suffering from a low blood sugar reaction.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

AWFUL!!! I will NEVER see him again. Might consider seeing the PA and/or FNP in his office but NEVER him. Manners are atrocious. Basically said I didn't care about my child. Told my daughter that she was obese and would die if she didn't do EXACTLY as he says. (Yes, I will admit she's over-weight 5'6" and 230 lbs.....but talking like she'll die tomorrow is uncalled for!!)

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Swinyard has been our daughter's pediatric endo for 2.5 years now. We love him. He has an EXCELLENT bedside manner with kids ~ completely relating to them on their level. He has answered every question we have had to complete satisfaction. Dr Swinyard travels out of state, once a month, to come to our area (no pediatric endos reside here). I am continually amazed by his dedication to his field of medicine. My daughter is almost 6 years old and has been diagnosed with a growth disorder.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

We brought our 6 year old daughter to get tested for diabetes. Dr. Swinyard spent 1 1/2 hours with us answering questions and providing us with information. We probably sounded like overly-concerned parents but he never discounted our concerns or made us feel hyper-vigilant in any way. He is very friendly, knowledgeable, and excellent with kids. I highly recommend Dr. Swinyard.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Dr. Michael T. Swinyard's Credentials

• Univ Of Ut Sch Of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 84132 (Grad. 1984)