Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey BARON

Dr Baron is great, but his receptionist / aka Insurance Submitter is terrible. I took my mom there for a new lower set of dentures. I was told it would be $2000!!! but her insurance would pay 50%. I said you need to submit it and let me know that it is approved, because I cannot afford more than $1000. She went in back for about 5 minutes and came back and said "You're all set. It went through." I paid them the $1000 and when I came back to get the dentures 2 weeks later, the same lady said "You owe us the other $1000, because the insurance denied coverage." I couldn't believe this. Come to find out, this ploy happens a lot in the medical fields. If YOU want to know if YOU are covered, YOU have to call the insurance company yourself and get something in writing from them. A Dr's office staff can legally tell you that you are covered, even if you are not. It is your responsibility to check, not theirs. So they have $1000 of my money and my mom's dentures.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012