Ratings for Dr. James A. Goodyear

Dr. Goodyear is the best. He repaired my large, complicated, double recurred hernia. Recovery has been quick and relatively painless. Dr. Goodyear is knowledgeable, courteous and an excellent surgeon. I've been through inguinal hernia surgery twice before with other doctors (both open and laparoscopic), and I've had other surgeries in the past. In my book, Dr. Goodyear is the best surgeon around, and luckily for me he specializes in hernias and was relatively close (on the East Coast). I can't recommend him enough. Also, the hospital staff at Abington Lansdale was nothing short of top-notch. They were courteous and highly competent.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Dr Goodyear is the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever met. He is as professional as they come and always gives you a straight and direct answer. After my surgery, I was up and around in no time. For those that complained about male/female nurses doing prep work..grow up. These are trained professionals and are not getting their kicks getting you ready to have your hernia consultation. Seriously, get over it.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

If the dr. could not help me why did he accept my $$$ ? I paid cash, If he is as respected as people say then they must not had to come out of pocket w/ any money.I told the dr how I felt about his comment on not being able to do anything for me.He should not have taken my money w/o providing a service.Sure I had an office visit,however I emailed all post-op notes & pertinent info to him.He could have saved me the trip from NC & told me their was nothing he could do.Free consultation my A#* !!He might be a good dr. but not for me. He was a good conartist !!I am very displeased & if others read this before you see him "BEWARE" do not pay if the service is not rendered !!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

His major area of expertise is in hernia surgery, I saw several doctors before him, and none had his knowledge or skill in this area of study. I developed chronic pain after a different surgeon operated on me. I had a very difficult case, and 1 year post-op is still willing to help in anyway he can.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

If privacy and modesty are not respected by a physician with regard to a patient, there is serious problems here. If a female patient did not want to be handled by a male nurse or male technician, would that not be accommodated?

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

He states he is unwilling to adjust room staff to accomodate a patients preference for the genital prep needed for hernia surgery. Should a woman or a male patient subject themselves to having a nurse of the opposite sex prep them because the doctor is not willing to listen to his patients feelings and desires which they ARE very much entitled to. If this is an issue then go to another doc who will care and listen. The patient is given a drug and then female nurses prep male patients, whether or not it is acceptable to the patient.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2006

A really excellent surgeon. He operated on me for hernia. Excellent job. I climbed down from the operating table and went out to lunch. I corresponded with 7 of his former patients. All very satisfied. He has a web site. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2006

I saw Dr. Goodyear several times to have breast lumps aspirated and he was very kind and knowledgeable. Recommended something to help keep the lumps from reaccurring and it worked.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2006

Dr. Goodyear is very capable, courteous, and kind. He specializes in hernias and therefore is well prepared to handle difficult situations. He works well the your schedule. My operation was in December 2004.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2006

Dr. James A. Goodyear's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)