Ratings for Dr. Jerry J. Yoon

Dr Yoon removed several toe nails for me. He did a great job. I had no pain and they are healing very well.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Can we give NEGATIVE stars? Because we would give minus five! Be aware of the poor quality of care and the worst predatory billing practices of this doctor! I went to this doctor to deal with plantar fasciitis. Dr. Yoon seemed to be in a rush most of the time and he was quite rough while handling met. (we figured that was just his style) The first thing I said to him was that I had tried everything and gotten no relief so I was ready for surgery but before anything else I wanted to make sure this surgery would be covered by my insurance. Because I did not want to be stuck with out of network charges as it happened with my prior shoulder surgery. He said no problem, the girls in the office were going to verify that everything was covered and he is an IN NETWORK provider. They said everything looked good and asked me to show up for a pre-op on Wednesday and booked the surgery for Friday. As he was giving us (my fiancé was at these appointments with me) the final instructions, he mentioned that he owned stock in the surgery center and he needed to let us know. We showed up at the surgery center earlier since the doctor changed the time of the surgery at the last minute. It was 6:00 am and we were handed forms to fill out when the receptionist mentioned that Mt. Scott Surgery Center is considered OUT of NETWORK. WHAT?????? Shouldn't someone mentioned that before! But the receptionist reassured us that even being OUT OF NETWORK they extend the IN-NETWORK pricing and gave us paperwork that stated this. Obviously the insurance declined payment for the surgery and we have been put through the ringer with paperwork; additional information forms, appeals, explanations and now told that we are being sent to COLLECTIONS!!!!! Here we are June 2015, nine months later and we have been screwed by Dr. Yoon's Mt. Scott Surgery Center with the full anesthesiologist bill. Additionally Dr. Jerry Yoon is arrogant and thinks he knows it all and refused to listen to me when I repeatedly told him that I continued to experience pain. The doctor would say, it wasn't possible, ignored me him and sent me back to work too soon and I ended up with TWO hairline fractures on the top of my foot. I had had to be out of work much longer and this time without pay. WHY?? Because the doctor was too arrogant to listen to his patient. Be aware of this doctor! By the way! I am filing a complaint with the medical board about this!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Yoon is quick in his assessment of what to do with problems related to the foot. He doesn't waste time on what to do, and certainly can get you in and out in a short time. Staff are friendly and personable. I would recommend him and have been to him 3 times for toenail surgeries. He is thorough.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Yoon is a very competent podiatrist. He attends to my feet very well. I have diabetes and so far I am having no major problems under Dr. Yoon's care. I always feel good about the care I get from Dr. Yoon and his staff. He has a good bedside manner. He is very pleasant and engages in conversation while taking of your feet. He makes you feel like a respected human being, not just another person adding to his coffer. His staff is friendly and makes you feel welcome. I have been a patient of Dr. Yoon's for several years now, and would not go any where else. I have also sent my colleagues and friend to him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

Dr. Jerry J. Yoon's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1998)