Ratings for Dr. Brian J. McGrory

Outstanding surgeon. I had two knees replacement surgeries and everything went smoothly. Dr McGrory is a kind and compassionate man. He takes time to listen and answer questions. His staff is equally helpful.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

The perfect physician. I hae had a hip replacement at age 49. I wasn't able to work. Had the surgery which went very smoothly and returned to work within a short time frame. Then my other hip had osteoarthritis. Worked as long as I could where I couldn't use the hip, on crutches. Dr McGrory operated on it. Again, everything went smoothly and I am back to work in 5 weeks. I thank Dr McGrory and his medical partners for giving me the ability to return to a normal life without pain.......

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I am 59 years old and had been experiencing increasing pain and limited mobility for about 5 years with the deterioration steadily increasing. I was not sleeping due to hip pain waking me constantly through the night and was less and less able to walk normally or even straighten my legs. I tried as many non surgical remedies as I could find. Therapeutic riding, chiropractic manipulation, acupuncture, Bowen Technique, daily stretching using the Classical Stretch Videos, Light Therapy, copper Therapy, acupressure, an Eastern therapist and cortisone injections. And perhaps a few more I'm not recalling. Nothing gave me relief. So I reluctantly made the decision for hip replacement surgery, not confident at all thatit was the right choice for me. But Dr. McGrory convinced me I would be fine and my life would improve dramatically. I had both hips replaced, just 5 weeks apart and am now at the 4 1/2 week mark since my second surgery. Both operations went extremely smooth and I was out of the hospital in about 24 hours both times. I was walking (with a walker) right away and was able to use my stairs at home right away. The healing takes time, but my mobility and chronic pain were immediately relieved. I stopped needing walking aids in less than 4 weeks. and although I must still take life slower than I'm used to, I am more active than I expected. I would say my first hip is at least 95% healed and the second is almost 90% healed. I highly recommend Dr. McGrory as a skilled and able surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

He was very professional and did a fabulous job replacing my right hip and reattaching my abductor muscle. I am now pain free and active once again. A highly skilled and caring surgeon. I definitely recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Very knowledgeable, compassionate, and accomplished joint replacement surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Very good bedside manner. Explains procedures very well.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Great doctor, I have recommended and have four happy and pain free friends.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

Bummed at his poor bedside manner and lack of communication.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr. Brian J. McGrory's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1989)