Ratings for Dr. Penelope A. Haeker

Dr. Haeker is the best optometrist I have ever seen, She is caring, thorough and easy to understand. She explains everything and is not afraid to refer you to someone else for a second opinion. I also have followed her for the time she has been in Sioux City. When she did send me to a Dr. of Ophthalmology for a second opinion, he said she was doing everything exactly right and to continue to see her. I can't say enough about Dr. Haeker and her treatment and care of me and my family.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I have followed Dr. Haeker from Wal-Mart to EyeMart in Sioux City, IA the past 7 years. She is the only optometrist who has taken the time to explain each step of my exam and to provide me with feedback on her observations. I learn from her each visit. She has outstanding communications with her patients; she will listen and make recommendations tailored to your specific needs. She is the best optometrist I have experienced in my 47 years. I was stunned to read the review by the parent on this site and I can't help but wonder if this was the other optometrist that worked with Dr. Haeker at EyeMart for a period of time. Those comments do not fit anywhere near what my experience has been. I highly recommend Dr. Haeker and her staff - you will receive the best eye care available in the Sioux City area!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Best eye doctor I've ever encountered in my 60 years of wearing glasses. Very professional and a great communicator.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

1st exam for my son, she said "no change in script" but his vision was still blurry, before we left we said this, so she hastily stuck a magnifier in front of his eyes out in the waiting room & said she'd make a minor change but refused to give him a trial pair of contacts. Next day, back in for the trial contacts & they were not right. along w/ his new glasses. 3rd time back in, the receptionist (not the optometrist) made some other change in 1 of the contacts & gave a trial contact for that eye. 4th time in, this time for a "refractive exam", another $15 & she said my 15 year old needs bi-focals. How did she go from "no change" the 1st visit to "bi-focals" that last visit? Upsetting my son & angering me to my breaking point. Needless to say, she's incompetent and we are going to an ophthalmologist for a 2nd opinion. We will also be reporting her incompetency & stealing of our money for a worthless prescription to the appropriate agencies. She just lost 3 customers & many more.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

Dr. Penelope A. Haeker's Credentials

• Indiana University - School Of Optometry (Grad. 1994)

Rocky Mountain Health Plans