Ratings for Dr. Jon D. Hop

This isn't aimed at Shoreline Orthopedics, just at Dr. Hop. For starters we had an appointment that was for 3:10 pm so we arrived at 2:45 to sign in. We finally meet with the Doctor in person until 4:00. A slight wait is very standard for a specialist office, but he started the visit with a very blunt entrance and not even acknowledging his delay. As for the actual meeting, he was very short and would ask questions where he didn't seem to care about the actual answer. He only gave two options for assistance for knee pain that has been constant and present for over 12 years; physical therapy and a knee brace. He spent a total of MAYBE 5 minutes yanking her leg around, to jump to a conclusion that she is "fine." He didnt seem to care what either she or I were explaining to him and disregarded any explanation of the pain. He only care how the xray results came back, which again he said were "fine." If everything was "fine" why would be be there after being referred? After she explained that she has tried physical therapy 4 separate times at 3 different locations, he seemed like he lost interest with us and gave us a "I know whats best, I dont care what you have to add" attitude. When we tried to steer the conversation away from physical therapy because all it did was add more pain than any actual success. He then proceeded state that surgery of any kind wasn't an option. This appointment we waited over a month for ended with the "specialist" essentially saying toughen up. As for treatment, we don't have any idea what he prescribed because he never told us. He only asked if we had given our information to the receptionist and then shook our hands and left. Never explaining what the medication was, what it does or what the side effects are. Overall he was not empathetic or skilled at explaining anything he was doing or why. Also didn't care at all about his patients time because we waited over a month, then over an hour and 15 minutes to see if for 12 minutes total. Strongly wouldn't recommend this guy.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Shoreline Orthopaedics in Holland, Michigan has the best surgeon in Dr. Jon Hop! I was suffering in unbearable pain from osteo-arthritis in my hips and right knee. The pain was so unbearable that I didn't know how I would be able to survive. Dr. Hop performed surgeries on my hips and right knee; hip replacements and a knee replacement. He completely changed my life forever and took the "pain" away. I just completed a walking tour of Prague, The Czech Republic. Thank-you, Dr. Hop!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I have had many surgeries over the last 30 years. This experience with Dr. Hop and his staff as well as Holland Hospital, were exemplary. I had a total knee replacement and just 2 weeks out of surgery, I am able to walk again...something I could not do very well prior to my surgery. I owe them all a debt of gratitude. I am looking forward to getting my other knee replaced in May.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

excellent surgeon; very informative & caring; I had a fabulous result from my total knee replacemnt

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Had an ultrasound steroid injection in my hip. There were at least 4 people in the room (I assume students) who were not introduced to me as I lay there half-naked for this procedure. I was in extreme pain after, the injection did not work, and upon seeing another doctor post-procedure, it became clear that the injection had been administered wrong. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Had a full knee replacement. Couldn't believe how organized and orderly the whole thing was for 2 months prior and an intense 6 weeks after the surgery. Everything was explained and happened as they said, could not be doing better.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Had a 3:15 appointment. Doctor did not spend 10 minutes with me. I got out of the office at 4:50 ( 1 hour and 30 minutes) and sll I needed was a cortizone injection. What a disorganized mess. And most unimpressed with doctor's attitude.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

Dr. Jon D. Hop's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1992)

Horizon Bcbs