Ratings for Dr. Oscar A. Sanchez

After numerous testing (physical, neuropsych, MRIs, a trip to Portland to ANOTHER neuro), all of which stated my wife had Multiple Sclerosis, Dr Sanchez seems convinced that all of the diagnostic evidence is wrong . He told my wife she has conversion disorder...and , from the reaction we got on our last visit, no longer wished to treat her. Maybe if he would quit spending most of the visit drawing pictures and actually LISTEN to the patient something positive could come out of the visits instead of my wife going home crying after every visit. Another point is Dr. Sanchez' nurse. She was so hyper (as in like REALLY bad adhd) that it was difficult to communicate with her. She even laughed when we made a comment about it and said that she has been accused of 'being on something' before. If her hyperactivity is normal, then she needs to be on meds for it.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Was diagnosed with partial seizures. Put on meds that had side effects. Hard to get a call back in a timely manor. Assistant who is hyperactive, doesn't listen and doesn't pay attention, acts like she is on drugs and running the show calls back and wants to try me on a third medication if second one doesn't work. She tells me to research the third medication on line. What?? Shouldn't they know about the drugs they prescribe their patients? When I questioned the effects of the medication on me, he didn't know and said, " It's drugs". When I called to ask a question about the medication he prescribed, I was told to call my family doctor. My family doctor didn't prescribe me the medication, he did. I went to get second opinion and second set of neurological tests in a big city. All tests are normal according to a highly praised university hospital. And the first tests that were read by this doctor, read by the second opinion doctor said those tests looked normal. Treated excellent at out of state hospital and worth every penny and time spent with top notch doctor who spends at least an hour easy, going over my health issues. Extremely disappointed and so happy for a second opinion! GET A SECOND OPINION! And who doubles your medication after only two week? No wonder the side effects!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Minimized my pain issues. Did very little to understand my health. Labeled me negatively.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015