Ratings for Dr. Heather M. Plumer-Haun

Dr. Plumer was my GP for a significant period of time (probably a little over two years) but, unfortunately, both the quality of her work and her bedside manner deteriorated drastically over time. Although I was willing to try anything that would lead me to a diagnosis regarding my unexplained pain, I believe that, ultimately, I was much more passionate (and knowledgable) about my quest for better health than Dr. Plumer. [With the help of another physician I was able to finally get a diagnosis - a serious autoimmune disorder] After seeing Dr. Plumer regularly for months, I noticed that the wait at the office was getting longer and my time with her was shorter. Even worse, when I finally saw her, I found her moods to be wildly unpredictable. Several times she suggested medications only to abruptly change her mind at the next visit; sometimes she overshared personal details that I felt constituted unprofessional behavior. Ultimately I ended up leaving her care because, upon telling her that I had visited with another GP for a secondary opinion, she walked out mid-appointment, slamming the door behind her. Needless to say, I was in tears and refused to pay for that last appointment. I am glad that other people have had good experiences with her (everyone deserves a doctor that they are comfortable with) but I found her to be too unstable (personally and professionally) to provide me with quality care.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Heather M. Plumer-Haun's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Oxford