Ratings for Dr. Douglas Dow

Dr. Douglas Dow is not a good doctor, put a stent in my husband's bladder, never told us anything about it. He doesn't have compassion. We fired him, couldn't reach him or his staff. The staff is not good, two or three lines to leave a voice mail and I had to call for 3 days after Dow did a 2nd surgery on my husband in 4 days after 1st surgery. We went for the catahor to be taken out, had to come back in afternoon and our appointment was at 2pm, we were there at 1:30p, we were not taken till 4pm. My husband had accident waiting so long, told receptionist and was told he took the most important cases first. Very Bad service. We had to FIRE him and find another doctor. Only then when the new doctor couldn't help my husband and ordered an ultra sound, was it detected that a stent was put in. The only thing Dr. Dow gave me after my husbands 1st surgery was some pics of the bladder and never explained anything. When we were in his office after surgery, I asked him if he was married....his response..Today don't know about tomorrow....Sounds very strange. NOT A GOOD DOCTOR. I Know of 3 other people that will never go back to him. He loves surgery, guess these folks as my husband are SR.'s so he loves doing surgeries....Scamming Medicare and more money in his pocket. He was reported to the Licensing Board. They are working on it now. Don't go to this man called a Dr. he doesn't know what the Oath he took means....

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I think Dr. Dow is probably a pretty good doctor however his staff is horrible. They won't return phone calls or follow up on anything. I actually made two calls a day for five days and never got a return call. Due to Dr Dow's incompetent staff was forced to see another Doctor that was fantastic! Thank you Dr Dow's staff.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I like Douglas Dow : he is knowledgeable, straightforward and businesslike. He can be a little brusque but overall very good. His staff on the other hand are awful: phones go to voicemail constantly, they never call back when promised (3 times), they are obstructive. He needs to find a better staff / practice

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016