Ratings for Dr. Anthony W. Alvarez

I had him as a psychiatrist while hospitalized. Stopped all medications I was on (Prozac, lithium, Lamictal, Abilify, trazodone, Seroquel) immediately- no tapers whatsoever. Attempted to prescribe a med I had tried in the past without success after I had already informed him of my past med trials. Discharged me after 2 days. Withdrawal started hours after discharge, including vomiting, headaches, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, etc. It was terrible.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

i later found a different psychiatrist who explained my diagnosis kindly and clearly and recommended appropriate treatment, treatment which, later research indicated is the best research based method to treat the struggles i was experiencing. anthony alvarez threw meds my way, along with an extra dose of disparaging remarks and rude comments. condescending and ineffective would probably be the most accurate adjectives to describe his personality and his care.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Dr. Alverez is a good doctor, once you get in to see him. He is NEVER on time, and I've waited an hour for my appointment. He is knowledgeable and does not talk down to you. He does not do "therapy" but refers you to others for that. He is mainly for medication management.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Dr. Anthony W. Alvarez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal