Ratings for Dr. Ashok P. Devatha

I thought maybe I was the only one who considers Dr. Devatha a "money grabber". I see from these comments that others have had the same experiences with him that I did. The excessive number of office calls, unnecessary tests for things I had no symptoms for, a combination of meds that caused a bleeding ulcer, an unnecessary shot that I had a horrible reaction to (of course, he denied that the shot was to blame), and when after 4 long months in his "care", I finally wised up and found a new doctor, just like he did to others, he charged me $50 to transfer my records. I can't imagine any patient calling him personable. He rarely spoke to me except when he had to ask me a question, and he didn't like my asking questions at all. Sorry for this long rant, but he is one doctor that I would advise you to avoid.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I had to go in every 3 months and he would not go to twice a year with 90 day prescriptions. Everytime we went in he was pushing something new. I feel sorry for the ignorant people that did not know any better and paid over $40 for a flu shot. I switched. What used to cost us nearly $800/yr in doctors visits are now a little over $200. I TOO!!! had to pay $50 for my medical records. Literally a money pit when you walk in. Good Luck!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Avoid this doctor. He is in it for the money and it shows. His bedside manner is atrocious.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

The staff is great but every time I go in there they are offering some kind of new service to spend my money. $45 for a flu shot. Reall??? Any drugstore charges $20. He always wants to run tests on you. You always have to come back for a follow up if you have a problem. The person was right when they said this place was a 'money grabber'. I changed doctors and had to pay for my medical records. I would not reccomend this place

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

I WONDER IF THIS DOCTOR KEEPS YOU COMING BACK JUST TO GET THE OFFICE VISIT FEE. WHY DOES A PHYSICAL REQUIRE SEVERAL VISITS ?? UNNECESSARY TESTS ARE DONE IN WHICH HE JUST SO HAPPENS TO OWNS THE TESTING EQUIPTMENT. WHEN I WAS UNSATISFIED AFTER MORE THAN A YEAR OF GOING TO HIM, AND NOT FINDING OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME, I DECIDED TO CHANGE DOCTORS. WHEN I REQUESTED MY MEDICAL RECORDS BE FORWARDED TO MY NEW DOCTOR, HE WANTED TO CHARGE ME $50.00. DOES IT MAKE SENSE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO YOU ? IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$ !! NO WONDER THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO TAKE OVER THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM !! I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHO "REALLY" LEFT ALL THOSE WONDERFUL COMMENTS ???? LOL

flag | Submitted February 25, 2012

Good experiences with the doctor and his staff. Seems very professional and detailed. Sometimes wonder if I have to have a office visit as often as required.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

Dr.Devatha and his staff are WONDERFUL!! They always get me in right away. Even when I made the appointment that very day! What Doctor does that anymore?? He is also very thourough. For the previous commented about the (pre physical) Thats to have your labwork completed and ready for the doctor to review prior to your appointment. There is no copay charged for this visit. So people please get your facts straight before you slander a good doctors name. For those who complain about heatlthcare charges. Unfortunally heatlhcare isnt free and many people expect it to be. Well thats not how this society works! If you get your oil changed dont you have to pay your bill? Same goes for healthcare. Pay your bills people! Doctor Devatha has always been a great supporter in our community and his patient care comes highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Devatha is a very good,caring and very thorouh doctor.He cares about his patiants and gives excellent care

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

My wife an I are very pleased with Dr. Devetha. His staff is very good also. We especially like the fact that we are able to take with a real person when we call his office.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Devatha and his staff have always shown the utmost concern for my care. I appreciate the convenience of being able to have most tests done in the office instead of having to make more trips to another office. The scheduled visits are on-time and my emergency visit was handled very quickly. He takes his time during examinations, is very personable, and I have never felt rushed or had my concerns minimized. When I needed a test I couldn't afford I relayed that to the doctor and he helped me with the lab so that the cost was reduced to an affordable level. I have used this office since 2002 and have moved my elderly mother and other family members to Dr. Devatha's care. I can't really give a higher recommendation than that.

Dr. Ashok P. Devatha's Credentials

• Kempegowda Inst Of Med Sci, Bangalore Univ, Bangalore, Karnataka (Grad. 1991)

HealthPartners